Our Family

Our Family

Contact

For Contact information about the administration of this blog please email jmkbuett@gmail.com
Copyright Jordan Street and Jenna Buettemeyer 2014. Powered by Blogger.

Monday, May 13, 2013

"Making A Difference"

My youth pastor and his wife from my high school days came to Bentonville today on their way to Springfield and had lunch with me.  Kevin and Pam came into my life my sophomore year of high school &  they are still serving at the same church I grew up in. Kevin is now serving as the Pastor & they have been at Trinity Baptist for 34 years.  There are times in your life when you can go back and have markers of when God moved and impacted your life and used others to help in your journey.  Kevin and Pam both made a difference in my life and are still part of it today.  My parents still attend this same church and many times when I can't be there for my parents, the Kennedy's are there to serve their needs.   I remember Pam taught me how to pray and not be afraid to speak to God out loud in front of other people.  I can still remember it like it was yesterday and I will always be grateful to her for that moment in my life.  We have many great memories together.  My relationship with them has helped me realize that you can impact other's lives and make a difference no matter what age you are.  I think about the young people God has placed in my life over the past years and pray that I can make a difference the way Pam and Kevin made for me.

Pam, Me & Kevin. Thank you for blessing me today!!!!
God continues to show me that He is in control, and as Hudson would say "Hudson's got it", but instead it is God telling me "He's got this".  We are waiting on our phone call from MD Anderson and praying we will have an appointment to go there by next week.  God provided the resources in a big way today for us to go and not have to worry about the finances.  This journey has been more than I could have ever expected with blessings upon blessings from the Lord.  God has used so many people to show us how much He truly loves us and I don't think a day has gone by that He hasn't shown me His great love.  It would be my fault if I missed His blessings because they are truly there every morning and day.  Great is His faithfulness!!

I will be going to Highlands tomorrow for chemo and I'm believing and trusting that God will watch over me, but most importantly, use me to help encourage others the way He continues to encourage me.

"Today is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it."

1 comment:

  1. Oh sweet friend...I can't tell you how many students you have had such an impact on...hundreds and hundreds and hundreds (my own daughters on that long list)!! Your faith is unfaltering, you are kind and fair and tell the truth. We love you for that and so much more :) Praying for you and the chemo today.

    ReplyDelete