Our Family

Our Family

Contact

For Contact information about the administration of this blog please email jmkbuett@gmail.com
Copyright Jordan Street and Jenna Buettemeyer 2014. Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

"Hope"

Jordan, David and I took my parents to the airport this morning.  We were able to help them get through security and wheel them to their gate.   Their plane was delayed about 30 minutes so it was nice to have extra time to visit.

David, Jordan, Grandad & MawMaw

Grandad & Jordan

MawMaw & Jordan
I had chemo this afternoon and my friends Kathy Hedges & Theresa Bonds were able to stay with me.  Everything went great with no complications.  I spoke to a lady that was having treatment and asked her if there was anything we could pray for her about and she said "hope".  My heart was saddened because I don't think she has the Hope I have in Jesus Christ and I'm not sure where you can get hope without Him.  She did not allow us to pray with her but I told her we would all three be praying for her. 

I love it when God allows my path to cross with those that I've been praying for and never know if we will ever meet.  Today one of those meetings took place.  I've been praying for a lady named Sheila Goss.  She is the sister in law of some of our dear friends, Steve & Susan.  Tony and I met up with Sheila & Susan for dinner.  It is amazing the instant bond you feel when someone is going through or has gone through the same struggles you have.  I truly enjoyed visiting with Sheila and now have a face to go with my prayers for her. 

Sheila &  Me

Sheila, Susan & Me
Below is a song that ministers to me and I pray it will do the same for others.  My hope is built on nothing less than Jesus' blood and righteousness.  Christ alone, Cornerstone, weak made strong in the Savior's love.
Through the storm, He is Lord, Lord of ALL.  I will continue to rest in His unchanging grace. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvLxZEU02uI

"Today is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it."

No comments:

Post a Comment