Our Family

Our Family

Contact

For Contact information about the administration of this blog please email jmkbuett@gmail.com
Copyright Jordan Street and Jenna Buettemeyer 2014. Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, June 3, 2012

"Hair Loss Round #2"

I had a dream last night that I had hair again, but I went to pull on it and a lot fell out. I woke up this morning with regular stubble's of gray and dark hair. While taking a shower the dark stubbles began to fall out. It's funny how the gray hair doesn't want to turn loose. I say God is allowing me to keep my "wisdom" by keeping the gray hair on my head.

Our pastor, Bro. Phillip spoke on Proverbs 3:5-6 this morning. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths." It was another reminder to me, that this journey is not about me but it is about allowing God to use me to bring glory to Him. I am trying to trust God with all my heart daily, and I know there are days I fall short of that. I may not understand all He has in store for me, but I do know that I am trusting Him. He is the One that directs my path and I am really thankful that I don't have to worry about what tomorrow holds. He already knows how my day will go and what is in store for me, so why worry about tomorrow.

Funny story, while I was sitting here blogging, Jordan and David saw the title of my blog and thought it was funny. Jordan decided to try and see how easy my hair would come out and wow, the hair is coming out again. It doesn't even hurt to pull it out. We convinced David to give it a try. I think we made him feel a little awkward. How many guys can say, "Hey I pulled my girlfriend's mom's hair out." This means chemo is working again and I am another step closer to complete healing!

"Today is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it."

No comments:

Post a Comment