Our Family

Our Family

Contact

For Contact information about the administration of this blog please email jmkbuett@gmail.com
Copyright Jordan Street and Jenna Buettemeyer 2014. Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, July 21, 2012

"Can I Make A Difference"

The tragedy that happened in Aurora, CO is something we would only expect to see in movies. Why is it okay to watch a movie about evil, but when it is reality it is devastating. I have no idea who this 24 year old young man is or what he could have been thinking. My prayer is for all the victim's families that no longer have their loved ones with them. The things in life we take for granted everyday like the freedom to go see a movie and not have to worry if someone will be there to end your life while you are there. I am reading a book right now called "Castaway Kid". It is about a man that was dropped off in an orphanage home at the age of 3 and how his life was affected by all those around him. How many times are we out in the world and don't even take a second to see the hurt of others or pretend we have no hurts ourselves. We have choices to make everyday, to wake up and live our lives for ourselves or for our Creator. This 24 year old that took so many lives was once a baby, toddler, teenager and now a young adult. Where did our society fail in someone reaching out to him along the way. How many youth come through our youth ministry that are starving for attention but no one notices because they are "different". I know sin began with Adam and Eve and we will always have sin and evil in our world until Christ returns but how can I as an individual do my part to help those that are hurting? How many people go through everyday life without a hug, a word of encouragement or just a simple smile from others. We are quick to judge the body piercings, tattoos, clothing issues or lack of, yet the bible says in Matthew 7:1 "Judge not, that you be not judged." I am so guilty of judging others and prideful to think my life is better, but it is all because of God's grace and goodness that I have been given the life I have.

Here is God's Golden Rule:
Matthew 7:12-14 "So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets. Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few."

There are many that think believing in God gets them into heaven but that is not the case. His word says the path that leads to destruction will have many going there, but the gate that leads to life are few. I want my life to draw others to Jesus Christ and to count for His glory. Since I have been diagnosed with cancer and have become bald, I cannot tell you how many strangers are so nice to me. Why do people have to go through suffering before we acknowledge their lives and reach out to them.
My diagnosis has caused me to see others in a different "light" and maybe I see others differently and I've become kinder. Whatever the case, I want to see others the way God sees them and treat them with kindness and not judge. You never know when a simple smile may be all that someone is needing for the day. I want to make a difference for the Kingdom!!

"Today is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it."

1 comment:

  1. I am praying for all the families too. The evil in this world is strong, but you are right - we all can make a difference by a kindness to someone in need.

    ReplyDelete