Our Family

Our Family

Contact

For Contact information about the administration of this blog please email jmkbuett@gmail.com
Copyright Jordan Street and Jenna Buettemeyer 2014. Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

"Home Sweet Home"

I made it back home safely.  God took care of me this morning telling my mom good-bye, I didn't even cry.  I knew it was His peace that gave me the strength to leave without being emotional.  I wasn't expecting that when I saw Tony holding a sign at the airport that said "Lucy", that it would make me cry, but it did.  It was so good to be in his arms again.  We had enough time to drop my stuff off at the house and visit with Jordan a few minutes before we had to be at Highlands for blood work, visit with the doctor, then have chemo.  All went well with no complications.  We were the last ones to leave the facility, but so thankful I was able to have a 2nd round of new chemo.  The nurse called right after we left to let me know that my CA 125 (cancer markers) have gone up again.  I am now at 273.7.  She told me not to be alarmed with the number since I just had my 2nd treatment with the new drug.  I am thankful that I had a little time to read my bible this morning and to read a daily devotional called "Jesus Today".  Here is a small part of what I read this morning.  These are words as if Jesus were speaking to me, with the scripture to back it up:

I carefully control what happens in your life.  I am constantly protecting you from both known and unknown dangers.  And I provide strength, just when you need it, for everything I allow to touch your life.  Many of the future things you anxiously anticipate will not actually reach you.  My promise is for things you face in the present, and it is sufficient.  So when you are feeling the strain of an uphill journey, tell yourself the truth:  "I have strength for all things through Christ who empowers me!"
Philippians 4:13; John 15:4; Psalm 28:7

I will continue to trust God in this journey and know that He has everything under control and there is no reason for me to panic about my today, tomorrow or future.  I am thankful for the grace and goodness He has shown me for the past 50 years.

My dad was taken off his ventilator for about 10 minutes this morning but was put back on it for the rest of the day.  He is making baby steps with his healing and my mom told me the nurses said he had a good day.  I am thankful for the peace of knowing he is in good hands and getting great treatment. 

It seems like forever since I've slept in my own bed and I must admit, it sure will feel good to be in the arms of my "darlin" again and to get a good nights sleep.

"Today is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it."

3 comments:

  1. Oh, bless your heart! It's so draining to see our parents struggling as they age and then for you to be facing such a tough journey yourself, is really double draining.

    I love, love Jesus Calling! It has been my "go to" devotional book for 3 years. Unbelievable how often it says exactly what I need to hear.

    Praying for your Dad and for you. May the Lord hold you extra close during this time. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to hear your dad is doing better. I'm also glad that you were able to come back home. Thank you for continuing to minister.
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. God bless you in this journey of yours. It is never easy when someone is so sick.

    ReplyDelete