Our Family

Our Family

Contact

For Contact information about the administration of this blog please email jmkbuett@gmail.com
Copyright Jordan Street and Jenna Buettemeyer 2014. Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, September 5, 2013

"Ovarian Cancer Awareness"

September is Ovarian Cancer Awareness month.  I have been on this journey now for 18 months and I feel a new chapter is about to begin in my life.  It is amazing how the "C" word can change your life as well as family and friends.  I would never recommend that anyone Google Ovarian Cancer because the internet does not give you much hope of survival, especially when your diagnosis was discovered in stage 3 or 4, but you should Google "signs of ovarian cancer" for early detection.  I  honestly thought this battle would be short term and I would move on with my life, free and clear of cancer and be healthy and active again, but for some reason God isn't finished with me telling His story. I do know that this journey would be so much more difficult if it weren't for the amazing support system God has so graciously blessed me with.  I have been so honored, overwhelmed and in awe of the love I've been shown on a continued daily basis.  Not one day has gone by on this journey that I haven't received some sort of support whether it was a card, text, Facebook message, phone call, flowers, surprise pedicures or someone just asking how I've been doing.  I will be forever changed and grateful for the unconditional love shown to me.  If you have doubt that God is real or alive, I'm here to testify that He is so alive and worth serving.  He has been so faithful to me and there is nothing I could do to deserve His grace, that's why it is called "grace, Amazing Grace". 

I went to Highlands yesterday for blood work, 13 viles worth, echo cardiogram and an EKG.  Tomorrow I will have a CT/PET scan.  I will know Monday if all my test are in the right range for me to begin the clinical trial.  If all is well, I will meet with my doctor on Tuesday and take my first pill.  To think that research continues daily for a cure for all types of cancer and diseases is amazing.  What an awesome testimony if the trial I'm about to embark on is the cure for Ovarian Cancer.  I still cling to the fact of what my doctor told me many months ago.  She is here to treat me, but God is the One that will ultimately heal me. 

I decided to re post my video from when I shaved my head for the first time.  That night will always be special to me because I knew I wasn't alone on this journey and I felt like God was allowing me to watch my life from an out of body experience. 

http://janetpate.blogspot.com/2012/03/shaving-my-hair.html

"Today is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it."

No comments:

Post a Comment