Our Family

Our Family

Contact

For Contact information about the administration of this blog please email jmkbuett@gmail.com
Copyright Jordan Street and Jenna Buettemeyer 2014. Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, November 11, 2012

"A Long Appreciated Break"

It has been almost 2 months since I've had chemo or blood work done.  My hair is starting to come back in as well as my eyebrows & lashes.  I will be having blood work drawn tomorrow to check my cancer markers (CA 125).  I will return to Dr. Ivy's office for the results this Thursday.  The last time I had test ran, my CT scan showed no signs of cancer but my cancer markers were up.  Dr. Ivy wanted to give my body some rest with all the wedding plans going on, before rechecking my blood work.  Original plans were to keep me on a maintenance program of chemo, once a month for a year, after I was in the all clear of cancer.  My heart says I'm ready to be done with chemo, blood work and doctors period.  If I allowed myself to think too much, the unknown could get to me.  I have to keep trusting and believing God's plans are already in place and He is sovereign over ALL my days.  Psalms 90:12 "So teach us to number our days that we may get a heart of wisdom." Since my diagnosis back in February, God continues to bring people (women) in my path that have been diagnosed with cancer.  His strength and grace continues to carry me each day and I am so thankful my eyes have seen more clearly ALL His blessings He continues to pour out over me.  I know there are many times and days I take so much for granted by grumbling and complaining, but I try and stop and recognize how great a God we serve and know any good in my life is from Him.  Mark 10:18 "And Jesus said to him, "Why do you call me good?  No one is good except God alone."

This past week was super busy from a wedding, cleaning up, and lots of family in town.  On top of all that our daughter-in-law, Jenna who is 21 weeks pregnant, had her gall bladder removed on Thursday.  She and baby did great through the surgery and I am thankful I was able to help take care of Hudson for a few days.  The newlyweds are back home safely and it was nice having everyone together again last night.

Tomorrow will begin a new week for us all and I'm trusting God's will to be done in all things.   Matthew 6:10 "Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven."

"Today is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it."


1 comment:

  1. You are such an amazing woman. I know that you take no credit for it. You know that you owe it all to God. Keep up the spirit..

    ReplyDelete