Our Family

Our Family

Contact

For Contact information about the administration of this blog please email jmkbuett@gmail.com
Copyright Jordan Street and Jenna Buettemeyer 2014. Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

"Thanksgiving 2012"

Psalms 56:9b-13 "This I know, that God is for me.  In God, whose word I praise, in the Lord, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I shall not be afraid.  What can man do to me?  I must perform my vows to you, O God; I will render thank offerings to you.  For you have delivered my soul from death, yes, my feet from falling, that I may walk before God in the light of life."

It seems like yesterday we were celebrating Thanksgiving and now it is upon us again.  I've seen a lot of posts on Facebook of what different people have been thankful for this month.  I wonder how different our world would be, if we found gratitude and thanksgiving everyday for ALL God does for us.  The fact we wake up and get to see His beautiful creation, smell, feel, hear, walk, talk and so many other physical things He gives us, which is only a small glimpse of blessings we get to have.  I was in a bible study one time that talked about being in the "Wilderness".  The Israelite people were brought out of bondage in Egypt and God continued to provide for them.  It seemed like they had so much to be thankful for, but they continued to complain.  If we took one day and recorded complaints vs thanksgiving of our own life or the lives of others, I'm afraid the complaint/grumbling compartment might win.   We have so much to celebrate throughout the year but Thanksgiving and Christmas seems to be the time we tend to take more notice of His blessings.  I am rejoicing and celebrating His goodness in my life and I know that no matter what comes my way, good or bad, He is still worth praising.  1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 "Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." I have complete hope and confidence that this journey here on earth is just temporary and one day I will stand before Him and be in awe of His glory and beauty and realize everything on this earth was just temporary. 

I also realize this is a sad, lonely time for many that are far away or have lost family, friends and loved ones.  My prayer is that I can be the hands and feet of Jesus and encourage others around me that feel hopelessness.  Revelations 7:15b-17 "and he who sits on the throne will shelter them with his presence.  They shall hunger no more, neither thirst anymore; the sun shall not strike them, nor any scorching heat.  For the Lamb in the midst of the throne will be their shepherd, and he will guide them to springs of living water, and God will wipe away every tear from their eyes."

I am so grateful for this journey I have been on this year.  I know I would have never asked for it, but I also wouldn't change anything about this year.  The Lord has brought me and my family many blessings right in the midst of the storm and there is no way to explain or describe the peace that only He can give.  Happy Thanksgiving to all my family, friends and new friends through this blog.

"Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord God Almighty, who was and is and is to come!"

"Today is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it."

No comments:

Post a Comment