Our Family

Our Family

Contact

For Contact information about the administration of this blog please email jmkbuett@gmail.com
Copyright Jordan Street and Jenna Buettemeyer 2014. Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, November 15, 2012

"Yahweh Yahweh"

I believe so much in the power of prayer and have felt the prayers of so many faithful family, friends and people I will probably never meet.  Last night was one of the first times in a long time that I went to bed and slept ALL night without waking up once.  I had such a peace in my spirit when I woke up this morning.   During my quiet time I read this verse; Psalms 41:3 "The Lord sustains him on his sickbed; in his illness you restore him to full health."  I wrote in the margin of my bible today's date with these words (thank you for the faithfulness of those that pray for me).   I didn't go searching for this scripture it "just happened" to be where my daily reading was for today.  Tony and I met with my oncologist at 9:15 this morning to find out the results of my CA 125 (cancer markers).  When the doctor first came in, he thought my CA 125 had gone up from the previous month because he thought my number was at 50.  I reminded him that it was 65.5 and he went to double check.  He came back in the room and said that was great news because this week's number was 65.1 and that is going 2 months without any treatment.  He has decided that for now, no further treatment is necessary.  He said there could be a good chance that 65 could be my baseline number.  He sent my tumors from my surgery off to be tested or as he called it "sliced and diced".  He went over all the information on what was obtained from the testing but it was all greek to me and Tony.  Basically it would help if future treatment is needed and what drugs would be most helpful to benefit my body.   He felt going on a monthly maintenance program would not benefit me at this time since my cancer markers are staying at an even number.  We will recheck my numbers again next month and if they are still in the same range, I will probably be able to go a longer amount of time between testing.  All I know is the God I serve, trust and believe in is a Mighty God that still continues to do miracles in my life and desires to give me "good gifts" from above.  I have no idea what next month will be like but I do know that today I have great health and I am so grateful for ALL He has done and shown me.   I continue to feel His healing hand upon my life and I've said it before that when I am worshiping Him through songs I feel more strength and power of Him living in me.  We've been singing a song in our youth group and we sang it again last night called:
"At Your Name-Yahweh Yahweh"
Here are the lyrics:

At Your name
The mountains shake and crumble
At Your name
The oceans roar and tumble
At Your name angels will bow
The earth will rejoice
Your people cry out
Chorus
Lord of all the earth

We'll shout Your name, shout Your name
Filling up the skies
With endless praise, endless praise
Yahweh, Yahweh
We love to shout Your name oh Lord
Verse 2
At Your name

The morning breaks in glory
At Your name
Creation sings Your story
At Your name angels will bow
The earth will rejoice
Your people cry out
Bridge
There is no one like our God

We will praise You, praise You
There is no one like our God
We will sing, we will sing
There is no one like our God
We will praise You, praise You
Jesus is our God
We will sing


I was also reading this morning in Exodus of when the people of Israel fled Egypt in chapter 14 and here are a few things I underlined in my bible that spoke to my heart; part of vs 4 "and I will get glory; that I am the Lord; "  vs 14 "The Lord will fight for you, and you have only to be silent." vs. 28 "not one of them remained"  I know God was talking about the Egyptians in vs 28 but I know He is fighting for me and I am trusting that no cancer can remain in my body!!!  The meaning of Yahweh says "I am that I am" Exodus 3:14 in other words, he is saying "My name is the fact that I exist."

You might be reading this blog and not even believe in God.  My prayer is that you would see how great and amazing He really is and if there was no other reason to praise Him, His son dying on the cross would be enough!

"Today is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it. "

3 comments:

  1. What an amazing God we serve! I do agree, He is fighting to you, Mrs. Pate! I'm so so happy to hear that your levels are staying down. I will continue to pray for your health!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our God is amazing and I love hymn lyrics like the one you share here. This is my first visit here and I see you have good news about your test results. We stand on the rock of Christ, all other ground is shifting sand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am inspired by your faith. Thank you for sharing your heart and praise for the Lord! When all things seem to shake and become unstable around us, only He can make us unshakable. Much peace and blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete