Our Family

Our Family

Contact

For Contact information about the administration of this blog please email jmkbuett@gmail.com
Copyright Jordan Street and Jenna Buettemeyer 2014. Powered by Blogger.

Friday, November 2, 2012

"My Heart's Desire"

My heart is so full of joy today that the tears falling from my eyes are tears of celebration and rejoicing.  I have a Savior that has been so faithful and good to me.  9 months ago today I was given news I never hoped to hear.  I was diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer.  When I was discharged to come home from the hospital, I got on the internet and Googled Ovarian Cancer.  After reading all about it, I felt my life was over and I had no hope.  Satan used the internet that night to cause all kinds of fear in me.  My biggest fear on that evening was, I would never see my little girl get married.  God calmed all my fears and doubt almost immediately after that long night and day after and ever since then, my hope and faith has remained in Him.  He has blessed me far more than I could have ever dreamed.  My little girl is getting married tomorrow and I have absolutely no doubt David is the young man I have been praying for for the last 24 years.  Tony has fought for Jordan ever since he became her dad at the age of 5.  I think he has scared off almost every boy that has ever wanted to have a relationship with her.  He was the tough dad that believed and knew it would be worth being the "bad guy" to not give in to letting her date young men not worthy of having our daughter.  He's always told Jordan she was a "prize to be won".  I know friends have doubted at times how hard he was on her, even when she was old enough to make her own decisions.  I even doubted some.  I am thankful God brought Tony into my life and my kid's lives.  If it weren't for Tony Pate, I'm not sure where me or where my kids would be today.  I am so thankful that tomorrow when I see him walking her down the aisle, I will be praising Jesus for ALL He has done for our family.  When the doors open and I see a pure and holy bride walking in to see her bridegroom, it will be because of God's Amazing Grace that this ceremony is possible and I am there to witness this beautiful occasion.  Any tears shed will be tears of gratitude and worship to a God that is alive and wants to give His children good gifts. 

Psalms 21:2-6 "You have given him his heart's desire, and have not withheld the request of his lips.  For you meet him with rich blessings; you set a crown of fine gold upon his head.  He asked life of you; you gave it to him, length of days forever and ever.  His glory is great through your salvation; splendor and majesty you bestow on him.  For you make him most blessed forever; you make him glad with the joy of your presence.  For the king (Janet) trusts in the Lord, and through the steadfast love of the Most High he shall not be moved."

God has given me my heart's desire of seeing my children grow up and marry into wonderful families and I am so blessed to have a husband like Tony Pate that has loved me more than I could have ever hoped for and love my children like his own.  I am rejoicing and celebrating in His goodness today!!!

"Today is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it."

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I have a big lump in my throat after reading this. I am so very happy for the day that you all will be celebrating tomorrow. It is a wonderful feeling knowing that the Lord has answered our prayers of our children's life partners.

    May He continue to be with you and I pray for your complete restored health. Blessings abundant for tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mrs. Janet. I found your blog through Kelly's korner. I've been reading it for quite some time and praying for you.
    I hope the wedding went well and look forward to reading about it and seeing pics!

    Erin in wa state

    ReplyDelete