Our Family

Our Family

Contact

For Contact information about the administration of this blog please email jmkbuett@gmail.com
Copyright Jordan Street and Jenna Buettemeyer 2014. Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

"Chemo Day"

Jordan and the twins accompanied me to the doctor today.  They got to see how it is to play musical chairs when I go in for treatment.  First, I start off downstairs for lab work, then we go upstairs and wait to see the doctor, then we go into another room for my chemo treatments.  I actually felt very good today and haven't felt this good in a while.  My lab work showed a different report.  All  my blood work is very low.  I will be getting Neupogen shots (helps rebuild my white blood cells) for the next 3 days and my doctor thinks I will need a blood transfusion by the end of the week.  The fluid in my stomach was much better today but by night time things worsen and I always feel pregnant.  My doctor is thinking I will need to have the fluid drained again by then end of the week as well.  My cancer markers have started to decline-thank you Jesus!! They haven't gone down a lot but at least they are going down.  They went from 320.6 three weeks ago to 291.7 as of last week.  They did not recheck me today for the CA 125.

I choose not to believe the paper work and will continue to take one day at a time.  I received so many text, emails, and messages today of people that were praying for me.  Some responded that they couldn't sleep last night, so they prayed for me.  Several sent me scriptures and had a song sent to me.  There is no doubt in my mind that God is sustaining me each day and showing me such favor and grace to face each new day through the faithfulness of others.   Here are a few verses sent to me today from some friends:

Psalms 16:18 "I keep my eyes always on the Lord.  With Him at my right hand, I will not be shaken"

Mark 11:22-24 "Have faith in God.  Truly I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, be taken up and thrown into the sea, and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says will come to pass, it will be done for him.  Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours."

I had a great afternoon and evening with the family again and so thankful to have life today with all of them.
Below are a few pictures of our day together:

Jordan, Kaitlyn, Me & Kimberly hanging out on my chemo day.
Lunch at Station Cafe with part of the family; Jenna, Kaitlyn, Kimberly, Me, Jordo, Bryan, Hudson and Rhett

Hudson enjoying his tiny ice cream cone

Kimberly, Jordan & Kaitlyn after our tour of Walton 5 & 10 museum
 The girls and I went and checked out the new hotel in downtown Bentonville.  Very interesting and unusual art pieces.
Kimberly, Me, Kaitlyn and Jordo with random green penguin and strange chandelier with wigs

Kaitlyn, Jordan and Kimberly hanging out in comfy chairs
Kaitlyn, Me and Kimberly with random paper art   

One last thing I don't want to forget to share.  My brother and sister in law were going with us to Hawaii in a few weeks and since we cancelled the trip, we were praying that they could get their money back.  My doctor wrote notes for both of us to get refunds on our airfare.  My brother contacted American Airlines on Thursday and he was told it could take up to four weeks for a response.  Yesterday he received an email letting him know that he would receive vouchers for the full amount purchased and he could use them not only for himself and his wife but for anyone.  Tony called yesterday too and was told the same thing.  Originally my brother was told he had one year from when he purchased the tickets to use the vouchers but the email stated that he had one year from when the airlines refund the vouchers to reuse them.  The funny thing is, the note my doctor wrote was never faxed or emailed and the American Airlines took my brother's and Tony's word and took care of the whole reimbursement.  It makes me thankful to see there are great companies out there that take care of others and can waive policies but it really makes me grateful to know that God is the One that took care of this whole issue.  It's just another reminder to me that He works ALL things out for good for those that love Him. 

Here is the song sent to me today and it rings true tonight in my spirit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6yDFn3OAFo

"Today is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it."

3 comments:

  1. Well, sounds like it was as good a day as a "chemo day" could be. You had good company, lots of encouragement and your usual super attitude. May The Lord hold you close in these tough days. You are such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an inspiration! Praying that you will enjoy your time with your grand daughters and that you will feel well. So marvellous how you are surrounded by prayer and love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you right now....You inspire me over and over

    ReplyDelete