Our Family

Our Family

Contact

For Contact information about the administration of this blog please email jmkbuett@gmail.com
Copyright Jordan Street and Jenna Buettemeyer 2014. Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, March 21, 2013

"Making Memories Together"

I had to go in today for my 2nd of 3 shots to help build my white blood cells.  As I was getting ready, I felt a little different, but nothing too major to feel concerned about.  I decided it would be best if Jordan drove me to Highlands for the shot.  When I arrived I told the nurse how I was feeling and she said since my lab results were so low on Tuesday, I should go ahead and take steps to get a blood transfusion tomorrow.  I informed her that we had our twin granddaughters in town and I didn't want to mess up their week.  She told me I should have already had the transfusion before today with my numbers so low and that I had to be feeling terrible or at least she would be feeling bad if it was her.  I informed her that I really didn't feel bad and wanted to have my blood drawn again to confirm if I really needed the transfusion.  She agreed to go through the process to confirm what she already thought she knew.  While we were waiting, I told Jordan that if the numbers were the same or had gone up slightly, I would not go to the hospital.  After a short time of waiting, the results were back and the numbers had gone down.  I couldn't argue with the nurse anymore and knew the best thing to do was take care of myself.  Jordan and I headed to the hospital to have my blood drawn and to have it crossed checked for tomorrow's transfusion.  Thankfully everything went smoothly and we were not at the hospital long and were able to meet Tony and the twins for our afternoon movie.  I am so thankful that the way my body feels, doesn't match up to the lab results on paper.  I have no doubt that it is God's grace answering so many prayers on my behalf and carrying me along this journey.  Psalms 59:16-17 "But I will sing of your strength; I will sing aloud of your steadfast love in the morning.  For you have been to me a fortress and a refuge in the day of my distress.  O my Strength,  I will sing praises to you, for you, O God, are my fortress, the God who shows me steadfast love."  I truly know it is His strength that allows me to face each new day and He is my fortress.  It is amazing how quickly the shots I am taking have boosted my white blood cells and to know that with a few units of blood, my HGB will go up to where it needs to be.  I continue to thank Him for the fact that I have great people to treat and take care of me, but ultimately, He is healing me.  I have felt better this week than I  have in a long time and I give Him all the praise for the fact that He is my Redeemer and Hope. 

Tony, Jordan, the twins and I all met up at the movies.  We went to see Oz:The Great and Powerful.  We were all in agreement that once the movie started, you had to be on drugs to enjoy this movie.  I understand everyone has their own opinion on liking movies or not, but we all felt the same way about this movie.  After it was over, I told them we had just made a great memory together.  We would never forget the year they visited on Spring Break and the horrible movie we all saw.  We had lots of fun laughing about the movie and so thankful for the memories we made today. 

GPa, Kaitlyn,Kimberly and Me

Jordan, Katilyn, Me & Kimberly
It was nice to come home on a very cold day and have GPa build a fire in the fireplace.  We've enjoyed our week with the girls and it has gone by way too fast.  They have been such a blessing to me this week and have truly brought joy into all our lives just being together. 

GPa & the girls spending time together-priceless!    



 We've had a great time the last two night playing Nert's with the family.  Bryan and Jenna played with us last night and GPa joined in tonight.  Kimberly and Kaitlyn finally won a game each tonight and were thrilled.

GPa, Kimberly, Jordan, David & Kaitlyn
 "Today is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it."

2 comments:

  1. You inhale joy! That is a lesson for us all. We take so much for granted. I love they way you embrace God and everyone around you.

    ReplyDelete