Our Family

Our Family

Contact

For Contact information about the administration of this blog please email jmkbuett@gmail.com
Copyright Jordan Street and Jenna Buettemeyer 2014. Powered by Blogger.

Monday, March 25, 2013

"Happy Anniversary"

Today Tony and I celebrate 19 years of marriage together.  I can truly say I feel like the most blessed woman in the world.  I know this past year has not been easy for my husband.  I've been on the other side of taking care of a spouse and at times you are at a loss on what to do or say to help.  There is no doubt that people are praying for my husband.  I pray for him everyday and trust that God will continue to give him grace to face each new day and challenge that he comes up against.  It is a blessing to know that the vows we took, "for better or worse, in sickness and in health, til death do us part" are not just words but a commitment that was made many years ago to each other and to God.  Tony's love for me continues to remind me of the love that Jesus has for me and how much greater that love really is.  I Corinthians 13:4-7a "Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude.  It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth.  Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.  Love never ends."   These scriptures are how I would describe Tony Pate and how he treats me.  I would also describe him in this way; Galatians 5:22-23 "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law."

We decided to go eat at Shogun's tonight to celebrate our anniversary.  We were seated at the grill like we normally are but this time we were by ourselves and sat and waited a few minutes before the waitress told us we could move to the middle of the seating area because we would be the only ones served tonight at that table.   It's like God knew Tony and I needed time alone and had our own personal chef.  All the other "grills" were full of people sitting around them.  I am so thankful for the time we had and so grateful that the food tasted so good.  When you go several months with food not tasting good, it is an extra blessing to be able to have your taste buds back. 

Me & my "Darlin"
 I will continue to cherish our marriage and relationship with each other.   Thank you Tony for the peace I have in my life having you right beside me.  You make me feel secure and so loved.  I am thankful that 19 years ago you weren’t afraid (or maybe your were) to fly to Houston to become my husband.  You had so many reasons to run the other way, but chose to run to me instead.  Can’t imagine or want to imagine how different my life would be today without you or where my kids would be without you.   You make my world a much happier place and I pray you know how much you are loved by me and that I never want to take for granted the relationship we share together.  You are my bestest friend ever and I love you more today than I ever have before.  Thank you for saying “yes” to me 19 years ago.  Your one and only “Lucy”

"Today is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it."

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I don't even know you or Tony but just through the months I've been reading your blog, I know that he is a wonderful person. So happy you all had such a nice anniversary celebration and I pray you will have a good week. Continuing to pray for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary to you both! So happy that God brought you together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversay you too...as i sit here crying!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful anniversary story ... Blessings to you both and may you share more happy memories in the years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary! By reading your blog, I think both of you complement each other. May God continue to bless you both!

    ReplyDelete