Our Family

Our Family

Contact

For Contact information about the administration of this blog please email jmkbuett@gmail.com
Copyright Jordan Street and Jenna Buettemeyer 2014. Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, October 20, 2012

"God's Reminders of His Love"

It's been a busy week, but a good week. We are exactly two weeks away from the "big day". Everything is coming together and God continues to pour out so many blessings. Thursday evening Jordan had her personal shower and it was a lot of fun for all of us that attended.
Hostess for the party-Pam, Jenna, Rachel, Maegan, Jordan (Bride) and Jessica

David and Jordan were blessed to find a great apartment and almost everything is moved out of our house that belong to the couple. Thank you to Hutch and Richard for helping Tony and David move everything up 3 flights of stairs!  I think they would say it felt more like 10 flights of stairs by the time they were finished.
David & Jordan with their apartment keys.

Tony and I traded off keeping Hudson during the move and this is how I found Hudson when I got home.

I have not been able to make it out to the craft fairs that Northwest Arkansas is hosting this weekend. I had asked several people to be on the look out for some cute winter hats and if they found some, to let me know so I could go look at them. Tony and I were eating dinner tonight when Jenna called to tell me about some really cute hats at the John Q Hammonds center. Tony drove me over and pulled up to the front of the building so I could run in and look at the hats. Jenna and Mary (Jenna's mom) met me to show me the booth. I tried on several really cute hats and decided 3 of them should be enough. When I asked the young lady how much they cost, she told me that she wanted to give them to me for free.   I never dreamed a complete stranger would be willing to give me something for free.  She shared a story about what her 4 year old son had gone through this past year and he wasn't even expected to live.  He had both legs amputated and is alive today and doing well.  She shared how their lives were touched and blessed by so many and wanted the opportunity to pay it forward.  Wow!!! I was overwhelmed and the tears started flowing.  To God be the glory, great things He continues to do! 
Me & Kari (LOVE my new hats!!!)

God has reminded me so many times this week of His great love.  I have received several cards with great personal messages written to me, along with a free table cloth for the wedding and a pizza.  I would have never asked for this journey to take place in my life, but I also realize I would be missing so many blessings of His love or would be taking so much for granted.  He continues to pour out so much grace and for that I am grateful.

"Today is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it."

3 comments:

  1. My Hubby and I were there in Springdale this weekend and stayed right next door to the John Hammons Center at The Embassey Suites. I thought of you while I was there and would loved to have met you, but I knew that you were very busy with wedding preparations. On my next visit maybe it would work out.

    What a sweet, sweet story about the hats. Blessings to you as the time draws near.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, I was talking about time for the wedding drawing near. Just wanted to make that clear! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was such a sweet story of the lady giving you the hats. It was an inspiring story. I can tell from your blog you are a kind, Godly woman. It makes me happy to hear that you got those hats for free.

    I found your blog through Kelly's blog. I pray for good health for you. And you have a beautiful family. God bless!

    ReplyDelete