Our Family

Our Family

Contact

For Contact information about the administration of this blog please email jmkbuett@gmail.com
Copyright Jordan Street and Jenna Buettemeyer 2014. Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

"Results"

My appointment was at 2:30 today and at 3:45 the doctor came in to talk to me and my family.  I was thankful to have the posse with me.  Tony, Bryan, Jenna, Jordan and David were able to be with me.  My CT scan shows no sign of cancer (to God be the glory!!!!).  There is a small spot on my liver, but the doctor feels it is a cyst and sees no concern for further testing.  We were hoping my cancer markers (CA125) would be way down from last month's 40.2.  Ideally we would like them to be at 0 or in the teens.  They are up to 65.5.   We are not sure why they are going back up but she feels more treatment with a different form of chemo drug is necessary.   The original plan was to put me on a maintenance program for a year with the current chemo drug I have been on (takes 3 hours to administer), but since my markers aren't down she wants to put me on a different drug all together (will take 1 hour to administer).  She suggested I get a second opinion from my original doctor, Dr. Ivy.  As for now, no chemo will be done until after the wedding and I am grateful for that.  I would love to say I am in complete remission, but apparently God has other  plans for me and I will not doubt Him.  My eyes will stay looking up and I am so grateful for the peace I have had today and I know many have lifted me up in prayer.  Psalms 94:22 "But the Lord has become my stronghold, and my God the rock of my refuge."

Tony, Jordan, David, Me and Bryan (Jenna took the picture and I'm sad she's not in it)

We are going to Shogun's to celebrate the news and enjoy family time together.  Hudson is going to love the "hot" (that's what he calls fire) and we will love watching his expressions.  

"Today is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it."

2 comments:

  1. Happy for good results. We prayed for you in 4W this morning. I know it's not completely what you wanted to hear but I know God has a plan. And you glorify Him always. You are an inspiration.
    PS You look so pretty in the hat!!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janet, So glad to hear there is no sign of additional cancer but am so sorry that you have to take more chemo. Your attitude is so inspiring and I am always blessed when I stop by.

    I think I remember that you are located in Northern Arkansas. Hubby and I have dear friends in Rogers and are coming up next on the 17th to attend the War Eagle Festival with them. If you are near Rogers you may know them, they own the MAD Pizza Company.

    Blessings to you at this exciting pre-wedding time.

    ReplyDelete