Our Family

Our Family

Contact

For Contact information about the administration of this blog please email jmkbuett@gmail.com
Copyright Jordan Street and Jenna Buettemeyer 2014. Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, October 11, 2012

"Still Believing"

We decided a second opinion from my doctor's appointment on Tuesday would be the best thing for me at this time.  Who better to turn to than my original doctor, Dr. Ivy.  I haven't seen him since my post-op from surgery back in April.  He no longer does chemo at his office so he released me to be treated at Highlands Oncology.  God has been with me the whole time on this journey,  Deuteronomy 31:6 "Be strong and courageous.  Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."  

I was going to call Dr. Ivy's office Wednesday to make an appointment, but when I woke up there was a text message from Jenna that she left at 6:30am.  She works at Washington Regional, and one of the first people she saw when she arrived at work was Dr. Ivy's assistant, Dianna.  Dianna and Jenna have seen each other many times and she always asks Jenna how I am doing.  Jenna told her how our appointment went from Tuesday and we all felt it would be a good idea to get a second opinion.  Dianna immediately contacted the office and by 8:30am I had a message letting me know that I had an appointment today at 1:45.

Tony, Jordan, Jenna and I all went together and it was great seeing Dianna and Dr. Ivy again.  I have no doubt that God led me to them from the very beginning.  Dr. Ivy is very confident in what he does and seems to be in on the latest treatment plan.  He sees no reason to jump into chemo right away.  He wants to give my body some rest and recheck my cancer markers (CA125) in a month and then decide what the next step should be.  I will see him again on November 15th.  My prayer is that my numbers begin to go down without chemo.  I am not putting my hope in a doctor. My hope is in the Lord.  I am trusting and praying for a miracle in my life.  Ovarian Cancer is very hard to detect but also hard to get rid of once it is detected.  It can be very microscopic and go unnoticed.  I know God knows every part of my body and nothing is hidden from Him.  I am asking for God to do something amazing in my body and get every ounce of cancer that could possibly hide out of my body.  I've quoted it several times: Psalms 139:13-14 "For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb.  I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made."
Jenna, Jordan and Me (Love these girls!)

Micah 7:7 "But as for me, I will look to the Lord; I will wait for the God of my salvation; my God will hear me."  I know God is working in me and is not finished with me yet.  I will continue to place my hope and trust in him.  Thank you for the many prayers on my behalf!

"Today is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it."

4 comments:

  1. Praying and believing with you...thinking of that new Mark Schultz song:
    "My God is strong and mighty; my God is faithful.
    My hope is in the Lord, for he is ABLE!" So glad to be holding on to the One who makes all things possible :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I've probably read all your entries but never commented...I don't have a blog, but love to read others for inspiration, recipes, decorating ideas, etc. I'm sure you've touched lots of people like me that you don't even realize....I've only had a few close friends/relatives with cancer battles. On October 1st, one of my best friends who also happens to be my sister in law went in for a colonoscopy and hopefully will just be getting out of the hospital today. They weren't able to remove everything that was needed to be removed, but hopefully additional treatments (chemo) can begin in about a month after healing from surgery. She is a very private person and I only want to be encouraging, but hopefully I can tell her about you one day and she will be as encouraged and as faithful as you have been in your journey. Thank you for sharing !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this gave me chills at how the Drs. app't came about. What a testimony to the God we serve. My prayers are with you that the cancer markers will go down and you will not need any more chemo. May the Lord continue to hold you in His hands, give you peace within and bring healing to your body. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete