Our Family

Our Family

Contact

For Contact information about the administration of this blog please email jmkbuett@gmail.com
Copyright Jordan Street and Jenna Buettemeyer 2014. Powered by Blogger.

Monday, November 11, 2013

"Baby Steps"

It's amazing how slow your body can move after spending over a week in the hospital.  I had to go to Highlands today for them to change out my port needle for my IV treatments at home.  Taking a shower and getting ready took more energy than I realized.  Oh the many wonderful things in life I've always taken for granted.  While we were there at my appointment they scheduled my CT scan for this Thursday, then I'll see the doctor on Friday.  My original scan wasn't scheduled until November 18th, but with everything that's been going on lately, the doctor thought the sooner the better.

Tony saw his mom today and there were a few signs of improvement.  She said his name and asked for a drink of water.  They discovered her sodium levels were not where they should be.  We have no idea of how long she will be in this condition.

We have not been to Bryan and Jenna's house in a long time or seen Hudson and Rhett since I was in the hospital.  Tony wanted to go get Hudson to bring him to our house.  Hudson is GPa's sanity and therapy.  Jordan came to our house as we were leaving and wanted to go with us, so I rode with her and Tony followed in his car.  It was good to be with the family again, they are my therapy.  Bryan and Jenna have been gracious enough to take Oscar (our dog) to their house during my healing and it's been such a blessing that he's one less thing Tony has to take care of.

When we got to their house Hudson ran outside and was so happy to see us.  He actually loves seeing his GPa and Jordan and I get thrown in the mix. Hudson asked where we've been and we told him I was sick and was in the hospital. He asked if I was all better and we told him I was still a little sick and his comment was "I'll tickle her to feel all better." While we were eating dinner he asked about my tummy being sick.  I told him when he prayed to ask Jesus to make me all better.  He put his little hand on my stomach and said "Jesus make GMa's tummy better." I know God loves little children and I'm praying He's answering Hudson and many other little children's prayers on my behalf.  I've had many moms tell me their children pray for me and my heart is so blessed.

It's been over 24 hours since I blogged yesterday and today is the first day I have not gotten sick.  My appetite is still not good and it's a struggle to eat.  I'm praying that food will smell and taste good again very soon.  Everyday we wake up is a new beginning God allows us breath and I pray tomorrow my baby steps will continue to improve and that I will give Him ALL the praise for the great things He continues to do.  

Thank you for your continued love, prayers and support.

"Today is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it." 

5 comments:

  1. Continuing to pray for you and your family from So. California. May God's love bring you comfort and strength.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, so grateful for these tiny little steps towards improvement for you Janet. What a warrior you are and such an inspiration. I look forward to the daily updates and continue to pray for you. Hugs for a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big hug. Praying you will be healed and you feel God's presence everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just picturing Hudson's sweet hand on your stomach and joining in his sweet heart's prayers! BE ENCOURAGED Janet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to hear you were able to go visit your grandkids! Perfect medicine!! Still praying for you.
    Susan in Indiana

    ReplyDelete