Our Family

Our Family

Contact

For Contact information about the administration of this blog please email jmkbuett@gmail.com
Copyright Jordan Street and Jenna Buettemeyer 2014. Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

"Breaking the Fast"

A month ago on March 7th our youth group and adults that were present at our monthly "FUEL" service, heard a message about fasting. Everyone was challenged to fast for 28 days from something that would be difficult to go without. They were asked to turn in a piece a paper of what they would be fasting from and for something that they needed prayer for. There were a lot of hurts and needs on those pieces of papers that I don't feel should be shared. Students and adults were giving up facebook, twitter, soft drinks, sweet tea, a meal a day and other things to draw closer to the Lord and also to commit to pray for my healing until our next meeting, which was tonight. Ed Newton is our monthly speaker and he asked for a junior high, senior high and college student to share what they had fasted from and what this past month had done for them and their relationship with Jesus. Emily Horton, the junior high student, gave up facebook and twitter, George Sisson, senior high student, gave up his cell phone and Pooky Darst, college student, gave up all food and drinks. Pooky only had pita bread and water for the past 28 days. Thru all of this they all drew closer in their relationship with the Lord and saw His hand move in their lives in different ways. They all 3 gave up so much and remembered to keep me close in their prayers. I was then asked to share so here is what I said to the students and adults tonight:

I have had 3 rounds of chemo and this last one was so different from the other two. I had very minimum side effects and never lost my appetite like I did the first 2 rounds. The first two times I lost my appetite for several days and even though I felt hungry, nothing tasted good. This last chemo my appetite stayed good and everything tasted good to me. I knew a lot of people were praying for me, but it didn't really hit me until last night on the phone with Susan Goss when I was sharing with her, that so many people gave up so much for me over the last month and were earnestly praying for me, that God answered those prayers on my behalf and showed me His mercy and grace by carrying me and giving me an appetite. Wow!!!! I am blown away by God's grace and for His love through others that I can truly say, joy has overwhelmed my soul. If you don't believe God is real or that prayer works, I can testify that He is ALIVE and so real and is hearing prayers. Our timing or paths we want to take may not be the same as His, but He ALWAYS knows what is best for our lives. He's never failed me and I continue to put my hope and trust in Him. Thank you to all the young people and adults that gave up something this past month to pray for my healing. God is listening and I don't think I could ever communicate how blessed I truly am and how much I appreciate all the love and prayers for me.

After I finished speaking Ed had me to sit on the steps and had everyone come and surround me to pray over me as a group. What a humbling and precious moment this was to me. Thank you Anna Egle for sending me this photograph.




Psalms 103:20-22 "Bless the Lord, O you his angels, you mighty ones who do his word, obeying the voice of his word! Bless the Lord, all his hosts, his ministers, who do his will! Bless the Lord, all his works, in all places of his dominion. Bless the Lord, O my soul!"

"Today is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it."

No comments:

Post a Comment