Our Family

Our Family

Contact

For Contact information about the administration of this blog please email jmkbuett@gmail.com
Copyright Jordan Street and Jenna Buettemeyer 2014. Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

"70's Christmas"

Not sure how the 70's and Christmas fit together, but Hutch, our youth pastor decided that he wanted to combine the two and make our monthly FUEL a 70's Christmas. Heather is our intern that is working with us and made Jordan, hers and my pants. The pants are Christmas fabric made into "bell bottoms". Hutch and Ed purchased the "Dumb & Dumber" tuxedos. Great night of fun with our youth. Ed always shares God's word in simple practical ways that adults and students can understand. He shared Philippians 4 tonight. Verse 6 "do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God." If we truly believe this verse, why do we worry about things in our lives? God is in every detail and if we could only see what He sees, our lives would be so much more free to live in victory through Him!! Verse 13 "I can do all things through him who strengthens me." He is my strength and I chose to believe and trust Him for everything. The secret to true joy in Christ is being fulling content and satisfied in Him. No one can satisfy our souls like Jesus. I love this quote that I have heard several times, "Jesus is never all you need, until He is ALL you need!"
Hutch, Me, Jordan, Heather & Ed
Ever since we've known Ed, he has had long hair with highlights. I guess he decided to grow up and cut his hair and let it be all natural. I thought a picture with our new do's would be good.  I'm old enough to be his mom, and the outfit didn't help any. 
Me & Ed

 Rejoicing and praising Him for His goodness of today!!

"Today is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it."

1 comment:

  1. How cute are y'all! And, the truth of no one satisfy's like Jesus is the BEST gift of all. Thanks for touching my heart this early morning.

    ReplyDelete