Our Family

Our Family

Contact

For Contact information about the administration of this blog please email jmkbuett@gmail.com
Copyright Jordan Street and Jenna Buettemeyer 2014. Powered by Blogger.

Friday, April 20, 2012

"The Amazing Race"

Jordan, Hutch and I started yesterday with a road trip to Hawkins, Texas where our church camp will be. We may be a little crazy because we made it a day trip verses an overnight trip, 6 hours one way. Less than 1 hour into the trip Hutch was pulled over on I-540 going 88mph in a 70mph zone. He thinks a large hill caused him to be going so fast. On the way there we talked about the "Amazing Race" and decided that I should try and get on the show. I made a phone call to my brother and asked if he was interested in joining me on the application process and he agreed immediately. We have until April 25th to turn everything in, including a video together. My brother David lives 2 hours from the camp so we decided if the video together was going to happen, it had to be yesterday. My bald head is a great attention getter for a video so he went home to shave his head again so we could be bald together and share my story.

We arrived to the camp at 2:30pm and were given a tour of the 1100 acres. Our students are going to be blown away by this camp! My brother David arrived at the camp around 4:00pm. He finished out the tour with us then we did our video together for the "Race". I will have to fill out the application and turn everything in this next week. The camp served us fajitas for dinner and they were amazing! David left around 6:30pm on his new Harley. What a blessing to have a brother ride so far just for a few hours to see me. Thanks David for being such an amazing brother!

Thank you Jordan for painting on our heads

Me and my amazing brother :)

On our journey home we were traveling on the back roads and we passed a young kid on the side of the road lasso-ing with a rope (very random moment) The name of our camp is Allaso Ranch so we decided to turn around and get a video of him for our camp video. He loved showing off for Jordan on the video, then Hutch got out of the car to get a lesson from the kid. It was entertainment for all three of us.

Hutch getting a quick "lasso" lesson

Lesson failed

We arrived home at 1:00am this morning and now Jordan and I are getting ready for another trip to Springfield, MO to speak at Second Baptist tomorrow to a group of college girls. "Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O Lord my rock and my redeemer." Psalms 19:14

"Today is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it"

No comments:

Post a Comment