Our Family

Our Family

Contact

For Contact information about the administration of this blog please email jmkbuett@gmail.com
Copyright Jordan Street and Jenna Buettemeyer 2014. Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, April 8, 2012

"Easter Hats"

Matthew 28:5-6 "But the angel said to the women, Do not be afraid, for I know that you seek Jesus who was crucified. He is not here, for he has risen, as he said. Come, see the place where he lay." Easter is the day we celebrate life in Jesus because He is alive and gives us hope and life in Him. Thank you Jesus for all you did for me on that Cross and that your Holy Spirit lives inside of me.

I had asked the youth girls and those that read my blog to wear hats today for Easter. As we were driving up to church I began to see hats. Oh, how blessed I am to have so many show up today wearing hats in my honor. If there were visitors at our church today they might have thought they were going to the Royal Wedding. Can't express how overjoyed my heart was to see all the hats. I had as many that could, to meet in the choir suite for a group picture. I do know there were at least 10 others wearing hats that could not make it for various reasons, but I really am so thankful for all the ones that took part in wearing hats on my behalf today. I had no idea what to expect and I had asked Gary Withrow to take a group picture for me and I think I counted 72 total wearing hats.

Thank you to everyone that participated!!! My heart was so blessed!! (You can click on these pictures to see them larger)

I'm the bald one in the middle :)

Love this young lady!!!

God's love is shown to me daily through the love of others. I am so thankful to be part of such a wonderful church body. I am also thankful for those that don't even know me that reach out and show me His love. Tony's assistant Stephanie has 2 sisters that I have never met, and they wanted to give me something special and this is what Tony brought home to me the other night. The art is hanging on our wall by the dining room table.



"This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it."

1 comment:

  1. Janet, it was a true joy to wear a hat in your honor yesterday on Easter Sunday! I am praying for you so much! Much love! ~Meredith

    ReplyDelete