Our Family

Our Family

Contact

For Contact information about the administration of this blog please email jmkbuett@gmail.com
Copyright Jordan Street and Jenna Buettemeyer 2014. Powered by Blogger.

Monday, June 3, 2013

"His Plans"

Our plans are usually not God's plans or timing.  I thought by now I would know the results of my CT scan done at MD Anderson, but I don't.  My doctor was out at the end of last week and MD sent me the results on Friday. I was told that my oncologist needed to interpret the results.  I go in tomorrow afternoon for lab, doctor visit and praying chemo takes place.  I'm not sure my oncologist will know the results of my CT since she was gone the latter part of the week.  I'm trusting that God knows the results and the best care possible will take place for me.  MD Anderson and the Cancer Treatment Center have both been in contact with me through out the week.  I do not want to close any doors until I have a peace where God wants me to be.  Where better to be, than in His care and hands!  I know the prayers of many are keeping me in perfect peace and rest in Him.

I ended up with a sinus infection at the end of the week and took Saturday and Sunday to rest and recoup for this week. I'm thankful to have felt much better today and to put in a full day's work.  We have 3 days left to prepare for camp and as always, could use several more weeks.  Summer time in the youth ministry goes by so quickly and I'm praying that this summer, I can enjoy the trips with the students.  Both our camp and mission trip are in Texas this year.  I can say I live in Arkansas, but I will always be from Texas!!

No matter the struggles we face or the trials we go through, God is in control and I believe He wants us to live each day to it's fullest to honor and glorify Him.  I pray everyday that I will wake up and enjoy His blessings He pours out on me, that are undeserved.   Psalms 143:8 "Let me hear in the morning of your steadfast love, for in you I trust.  Make me know the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul."

"Today is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it."


1 comment:

  1. You have learned pain and patience! Wishing you a wonderful camping trip. I loved Texas and will someday the Lord willing be back! Enjoy yourself and may God give you lots of energy for the trip!

    ReplyDelete