Our Family

Our Family

Contact

For Contact information about the administration of this blog please email jmkbuett@gmail.com
Copyright Jordan Street and Jenna Buettemeyer 2014. Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, February 2, 2013

"February 2nd, One Year Later"

I went in for out patient surgery one year ago today to remove my gall bladder.  I still have my gall bladder and the journey I began with Ovarian Cancer has not ended.  I was originally told there would be 3 rounds of chemo to "de-bulk" the tumor, then surgery for a complete hysterectomy, followed by 3 more rounds of chemo.  Everything went according to the doctor's plan at the beginning.  The original chemo I started on stopped working so now, 10 total rounds of chemo later, I am trusting in God's plan and I know that He works ALL things out for good and He says to rejoice in all things.  Sometimes doubt creeps into my mind, but I serve a God that has never failed me.  I am thankful for the grace He gives me to face each new day.  At the present I am scheduled for 4 more rounds of chemo treatments.  I am so grateful for a husband that has loved on me more than I could ever dreamed of and has stayed by my side.  He told me from the very beginning that we would beat this disease together.  Tony Pate is my hero!

Today we celebrated my dad's 82nd birthday in the hospital.  He had all 6 of kids (grown adults) there by his side and I'm not sure we have all been together at the same time or not.  The doctor walked in while we were all visiting and he didn't look too happy, but I quickly told him that today was a special day for our dad and he seemed to be okay with all of us being there.  My dad knew everyone's names and even knew my nephew's new wife's name after only 3 months of marriage.  He actually remembered her maiden name and we thought he was a little looney because he said her name was "Friday".  He was right and made us all smile.  I'm not sure he will remember this day or not but I am so thankful God allowed all of us to be there for him and we celebrated his life together as a family.


Mother, Mike, David, Me, Karen, Linda and Vicky


"Today is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it."

No comments:

Post a Comment