Our Family

Our Family

Contact

For Contact information about the administration of this blog please email jmkbuett@gmail.com
Copyright Jordan Street and Jenna Buettemeyer 2014. Powered by Blogger.

Friday, February 22, 2013

"The Battle Is On"

I had my third round of new chemo today.  Before going in, my mind had regrouped and I am ready to finish this battle!!  I had a friend send me some information about diet tips and fighting cancer from John Hopkins Research.  I read the information and it seems to make sense.  When I was first diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer over a year ago my doctor wasn't concerned with what I ate, as long as I continued to eat and maintained my weight.  A year later, I am sad to say my weight has not maintained and it is a struggle not to lose more.  I knew going into today that my cancer markers would probably be up higher.  On the way to treatment I told Jordan I wasn't concerned about the number at all.  I could tell the way my body is feeling that the numbers were going to be up.  My cancer markers were 288 a year ago and today they are now at 322.8 My oncologist came to the chemo room to check on me and was pleased to say that she thought I looked better than I did a month ago.  The lymph node in my neck has gone down considerably.  I'm not sure what I looked like a month ago for her to think I look better, but I will trust that she wouldn't tell me differently, considering she is the doctor.  I talked to her about the effects of eating properly and her opinion was the same as my other doctor.  She wasn't concerned about what I eat as long as I eat and keep my weight up.  After she left, the nurse taking care of me encouraged me to look into the "Hallelujah Diet".  This is a radical step to take, but a lot of it makes good sense.  I'm making a commitment to make some changes to better my health.  I know God gives us wisdom and wants the best for our lives.  He uses man to give us guidance, but He also gives us brains to make wise choices.  Tony is committed to make whatever changes are needed to support me and join in with this battle. 

Romans 8:35-39  "Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword?  As it is written , For your sake we are being killed all the day long; we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered,  No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.  For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord."

No matter the battle that wages on in my life, I've already won the fight.  Jesus already paid it all!  He's given me a new strength today to want to fight and do all I can to win this battle.  I am thankful for a refreshing in spirit through Him today.

Our little grand baby was discharged from the hospital today.  He now weighs 4lbs.12oz.  The doctor is very pleased with how he is doing.  I had to post this picture because if you knew my son and the fact that he used a can of Rotel to compare the size of his baby is priceless!

Rhett Joseph is tiny!!
"Today is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it." 

3 comments:

  1. Janet I came to your blog through your brother David. David and Traci are dear friends. I went to Southside for about 10 years before I got married and moved away. When you speak of Tony and his love for your kids I think of my own husband who from the moment we met saw my little girl as his. We now have 2 girls total. Your blog has brought so much encouragement and hope to me. With each post you never cease to praise God. I think of a Casting Crowns song, "Praise You In This Storm" and you truly are praising Him in this storm. Thank you for your faith and your desire to share Jesus with others. I'm blessed to know you if only through this blog. Know that there are some of us here in Mobile, AL praying for you and your family. Much love to your family and to you. I pray that if it be God's will that you will be healed of this. Enjoy Hawaii. It truly is breathtaking. I spent almost 4 years there

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Janet, you are such an inspiration and testimony and have been throughout this entire journey. I pray the peace of God and His assurances will hold you tightly in the weeks ahead as you fight this courageous battle. Prays and hugs from NE Louisiana.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pray that the stamina that you have now will stay and that you continue to have peace. I pray too, that the chemo will be successful and that you may have your health back. When we are able to surrender to the will of God - then God has indeed worked a miracle. You are a living miracle. Love, from your Canadian neighbour.

    ReplyDelete