Our Family

Our Family

Contact

For Contact information about the administration of this blog please email jmkbuett@gmail.com
Copyright Jordan Street and Jenna Buettemeyer 2014. Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, February 28, 2013

"Be Still and Know"

Jordan, Dawn, Kristy, Beth & Heather

Dawn, Kristy & Beth

My day began at 11:40 am today.  That's how well I slept all night and I didn't want to get up because I didn't have any pain lying in my "cocoon" (recliner).  The pressure is gone in my stomach but the pain from the catheter that was in my stomach has caused  me quiet a bit of pain.  I was able to eat breakfast and today was the first time in a while that water actually tasted good without making me feel bloated.  The group of ladies in the top picture came over at 1:00pm and laid their hands on me and prayed over me.  I truly believe there is power in the name of Jesus when 2 or 3 are gathered together asking for God's will to be done.  

Dawn, Kristy and Beth walked around the whole inside of our house praying for my healing.  These ladies truly pray believing God is going to do great things!!!  I am so grateful for the time they took to come and spend time with me and knowing that by faith, God was listening.  The peace and calmness they brought with them was amazing.

Jordan sent me a link to a song later this afternoon and it's exactly what I need to rest in.  "Be Still and Know that I am God".  Sometimes I want to rush ahead and make everything perfect and take away the suffering that so many are facing. Sometimes when we truly are still we can hear Him speak the loudest.  It's easier to have faith when others are around and encouraging you, but when you are alone, that's when I feel like He can speak to my spirit.  He is my refuge and strength and the present help in times of trouble.  May we always find a time in our days know matter if its going good or bad and know that He is God!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5ZGM8ESnqg

"Today is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it."

3 comments:

  1. Good Evening.
    I wanted to let you know our Sunday School Girls are praying for you, and really look up to you. We have been talking lately about people who have great testimonies and really speak out about Christ and the amazing things he has done in your life. Your name is always the one that is mentioned first. They think you are an awesome lady who trusts God in good and bad. We even thought of the song... "I know who goes before me, I know who stands behind... The God of Angel Armies is always on our side." We believe that God is going before you and standing behind you! Praying for you. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a precious group and what a precious experience. I pray today finds you feeling better. Continuing with prayers on your behalf!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a blessing to have so many praying for you! The communion of the saints is precious. Psalm 59:16&17 But I will sing of Your power: Yes, I will sing aloud of Your mercy in the morning; For You have been my defense and refuge in the day of my trouble. To You, O my Strength, I will sing praises; For God is my defense, my God of mercy.

    ReplyDelete