Our Family

Our Family

Contact

For Contact information about the administration of this blog please email jmkbuett@gmail.com
Copyright Jordan Street and Jenna Buettemeyer 2014. Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, February 21, 2013

"Grand-baby #8"

We are so thankful to welcome Rhett Joseph into our family.   After a long day of laboring for Jenna, our 8th grand-baby finally arrived at 10:28 pm on February 20th.  He weighed 5lbs12oz, 19 inches long.  He was born 3 weeks early, but he and Jenna are doing great!!




Proud big brother and daddy!!
Jordan and I were allowed to be in the delivery room and there is nothing more amazing than seeing your grandchild being brought into this world.  A true miracle right before your very eyes!!!! I'm not sure how anyone can say there is no Creator when you experience such an amazing testimony of God's great love.  Psalms 139:13-16 "For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb.  I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.  Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well.  My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth.  Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them."
If you had life today and were breathing, you are a miracle of God's great plan!! He knew the day we would be brought into this world and the day He will take us away.  I choose to praise Him for all His goodness to me in my life!

I was scheduled for chemo yesterday but with all the excitement of new life coming I didn't want to take a chance on missing anything.  I did have labs drawn and saw the doctor.  My chemo is rescheduled for tomorrow at 1:00pm.  I had a CT scan on Tuesday and it showed there is more growth of tumor cells.  My oncologist wants to start me on another new chemo drug once is it approved for Ovarian Cancer.  Tomorrow will be my 3rd treatment of Doxil and I must admit, it has been harder on my body.  I had very few side effects last year while on chemo compared to this new treatment.  I have to prepare my mind that if I'm having side effects, chemo must be working and killing the cancer cells.  I know God has plans for me and I will continue to keep my eyes on Him.  Some days are more difficult than others, and I am thankful when I have bad days, I have a husband that allows me to fall into his arms and he continues to love on me.  It's amazing to think of how much Tony loves me, that I have a Father in Heaven that loves me even more than I can comprehend and is my strength each day.  We have a little over a month before our trip to Hawaii (a gift given to us) and I am praying for healing in the name of Jesus so we can both enjoy the time away together. 

"Today is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it."

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Janet, what a blessing and so glad that in spite of his early birth that all is well.

    So, so sorry for this journey that you are on, but what a testimony you are to God's faithfulness in our lives. I pray that the new chemo is indeed doing it's work and healing your body.

    May your weekend be especially special and blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations with another grandson. God is good in the midst of trials. I'll be praying for you that this next round will be effective and that the side effects will be minimal. I have the BRCA1 gene and have been through some rough times. When I read your blog, then I get encouraged again. I wish we were neighbours - I think we would enjoy a cup of tea together! Your trust in the Lord is a miracle - you have been given grace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janet,
    What a lovely baby! Conrats to all. Grandchildren are such a blessing. I am praying for you!
    Janice Gordon
    Wilton, NH

    ReplyDelete