Our Family

Our Family

Contact

For Contact information about the administration of this blog please email jmkbuett@gmail.com
Copyright Jordan Street and Jenna Buettemeyer 2014. Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, February 26, 2012

A Day of Rest and Gratitude

"Today is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it." What a blessing to be surrounded by friends at church and to be able to go and worship together. Worship thru music has changed for me lately. The songs are more alive in my spirit and feels like healing is taking place as I worship. I told Jenna, my daughter in law, last week how I would love to be able to sing and worship everyday with a lot of people. She said "you mean like Heaven?" What a day that will be and how grateful I am to have a place here on earth to worship with others. I loved all the hugs and encouragement from others today and to hear so many say "I am praying for you." I never want to take those words for granted and truly appreciate every prayer being lifted up for me and my family.

I was able to take a nap today and I must say, it was one of the best naps I have had in a long time. As I was getting ready for church tonight, I noticed about 8 strands of a clump of hair on my shirt and not sure if that is the beginning sign. I can still tug on my hair and nothing is happening and I know the time may be very soon. Richard Knipple, a very dear "bald" friend of ours, is ready with his clippers. :)

My sister in law, Traci, brought me a card from one of their church members in Texas and this is what it says:

"What Cancer Cannot Do. Cancer is so limited....
It cannot cripple Love
It cannot shatter Hope
It cannot corrode Faith
It cannot kill Friendship
It cannot suppress Memories
It cannot silence Courage
It cannot invade the Soul
It cannot steal eternal Life
It cannot conquer the Spirit.

Why must I bear this pain?
I cannot tell,
I only know my Lord does all
things well.
And so I trust in God,
my all in all.
For He will bring me through,
Whatever befall."

What joy to know that the word "Cancer" cannot take away anything as long as my eyes stay on Jesus. He truly is the source of my strength and hope and no doubt He is hearing the prayers of his faithful saints and giving me "Amazing Grace" to face each new day. I am thankful for the day He gave me health and for the joy in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment