Our Family

Our Family

Contact

For Contact information about the administration of this blog please email jmkbuett@gmail.com
Copyright Jordan Street and Jenna Buettemeyer 2014. Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

A Different Perspective to an Ordinary Day

"Today is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it." Today was like every other ordinary day, woke up, quiet time, got dressed for work, normal work day, came home, ate dinner, Jordan had bible study in our home, and then time to relax. The difference about today for me, it was a "different" ordinary day. It was an amazing day because of all the "normal" stuff I usually take for granted, was made to be great because I know God blessed me with an amazing restful night's sleep and I woke up refreshed and I truly appreciated having health and life today. I even had a chance to go out and eat lunch with some great friends.

Laurie, Sharon, Shonda, me, Lyn, Susan, and Cindy
Showing off their wristbands - "Believing for Janet - Psalm 121"

Proverbs 19:4 "Wealth brings many new friends..." I really never thought I would ever be wealthy, but no doubt, I feel like the wealthiest person in the world. Thru this journey God has shown us so many friends from the past, present and those we may never meet. We are surrounded by amazing friends and family, not just in Bentonville, AR, but all across this world.

Here's a quick funny story. I decided each day, I'm going to walk 1 mile on my treadmill, not worried about the speed, just get a mile in. I was walking last night while Tony and Jordan were watching t.v. in the same room. I was getting a little warm so decided to hit the fan button. Well the fan button is right above the speed buttons and I accidentally hit "10" and all of sudden the treadmill ran away with me and all I could do was jump to the side of it and yell, "no,no,no.." and all Tony and Jordan heard was the treadmill speed up and me yelling. Needless to say I got thru the mile quicker and it showed I burned a few more calories than I normally do. (no physical harm was done to me)

You can tell life is normal around our house and we are so thankful for God's great love for us. Several have asked me questions about the weekend, next chemo treatment, etc.. and all I can say is that today is what I am thankful for and who knows what tomorrow will bring, but no matter what, I will say, "This is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it". Thank you Susan Goss for my daily reminders.

No comments:

Post a Comment