Our Family

Our Family

Contact

For Contact information about the administration of this blog please email jmkbuett@gmail.com
Copyright Jordan Street and Jenna Buettemeyer 2014. Powered by Blogger.

Monday, August 27, 2012

"Michael Phelps. . . I'm Not"

I went in today to have my blood work checked and received great news that my numbers are back up to where they need to be. I told the nurse that God was in control and how His plan led me to meet someone that I had been praying for. She gave me a strange look, but smiled.

Afterwards Jordan, Susan and I went to work out. We worked on our arms and abs and Susan and I swam for our cardio. I have no idea how swimmers like Michael Phelps makes it look so easy, even when they are racing. All I try to do is make it to one end without running out of breath or drowning. We swam for 20 minutes and I could have sworn the clock stopped a few times. I know swimming has to be good for me because I do not enjoy any of it and my heart rate goes up. I look forward to the day when I can go back and forth and not stop every time I get to one end and look at the clock. I am so thankful to be back to exercising and for the strength God has given me. I am also thankful not to worry about what people think about my bald head.

I have not posted about my loss of eye lashes and eye brows. They have slowly fallen out. I am thankful to be a woman and the ability to wear makeup that can camouflage part of my loss. I know in time my hair, lashes and brows will come back in completely, but for now I can say I'm feeling great and thankful for having great health and God's grace to live each day.

"Today is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it."

2 comments:

  1. I just started reading your blog, but wanted to comment and tell you how much I love it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an inspiration you are and I'm so glad that you feel like exercising. I have not swam in so many years that I would probably literally die if I tried. I'll just stick to my treadmill. :o)

    Praying you continue to feel good.

    ReplyDelete