Our Family

Our Family

Contact

For Contact information about the administration of this blog please email jmkbuett@gmail.com
Copyright Jordan Street and Jenna Buettemeyer 2014. Powered by Blogger.

Monday, August 20, 2012

"Starting Over"

Today was my first day back to the gym this year. Susan Tucker has been my workout partner for the past 5 years and she has been waiting patiently for my return. I was excited and a little anxious to be back in the gym. Jordan has been telling me that whenever I was ready to go back, she would go with me. It is a blessing to have such a wonderful friend and daughter that are very supportive. We all did arms and leg weights. Susan and I went swimming afterwards and Jordan did the elliptical. I found another reason being bald isn't so bad. You don't have to wear a swim cap when you are bald. I wasn't sure if people would stare at me for being bald while I was working out and not having a hat on. It didn't seem like anyone cared and that was a blessing. I actually felt "normal" being back in the gym.

Jordan, Me and Susan Tucker

After we got home, Jordan and I walked to Wal-mart (it is practically in our backyard). We both already felt the soreness kicking in, so tomorrow might be an interesting day for us and our pain level. We can at least know that some good was done from our workout. I am so thankful to be feeling so good and give all the praise and glory to God for allowing me to feel this way. Psalms 29:11 "May the Lord give strength to his people! May the Lord bless his people with peace." So thankful for God's strength and peace in my life right now. God has been so faithful to our family and we know it is called "Grace". Grandma is loving her new place and my health is going great. I know people continue to pray for me and my family and God continues to show us so much love and mercy, and for that, we are so grateful.

"Today is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it."

No comments:

Post a Comment