Our Family

Our Family

Contact

For Contact information about the administration of this blog please email jmkbuett@gmail.com
Copyright Jordan Street and Jenna Buettemeyer 2014. Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, June 2, 2012

"4 Months Later"

Four months ago today I went in for a regular gall bladder surgery and my life was greatly changed. I still have my gall bladder and I'm so thankful for how God has orchestrated every step of my life and has been with me this whole time. February 2nd, 2012 seems like forever ago. At times I feel like this chapter of my life has been going on for a long time and wonder will it ever end. There are times it would be easy to have a pity party. There are days I feel like I'm stuck because I haven't been able to travel and go on a vacation with my husband or family. That's when I realize once again this journey is not about me. I have so much to be grateful for. I have a Savior that continues to show me so much grace and strength daily. I've had so many tell me about the sufferings of their friends or loved ones that have been diagnosed with cancer and its difficult to then share about how well everything has gone for me. We never know from day to day what lies ahead for us. I think if I would have known the sufferings that were in store for my life from the beginning of when I was old enough to understand, I probably would have said "no way can I go through those trials, please give me another story to be a part of." We can always find others that are going through difficulties a lot harder than ourselves and wonder how do they make it? All I can say about my own life is that "grace" has been there the whole time. There are days I feel like the most blessed person in the world and I don't feel worthy to say those words. We have a blended family all our kids and grandchildren (that are old enough) are serving the Lord and seeking to honor Him with their lives. How could I ask for anything more? If God didn't give me anything else, He's already given me more than I deserve. I want my kids and grandchildren to know that the God I serve is far bigger than any of our problems, trials, disappointments and sufferings that we could ever face. He's real and alive just as much today as when He created the earth. Some may wonder how I know that, and I can say that in my life He's shown me many miracles already and His creation is all around us. I'm thankful He is bigger than my mind can comprehend. I sit on my screened in porch a lot and listen to the birds singing and wonder does their singing praise our Creator? Does my life praise our Creator? If others see me that don't know me, does my life reflect our Creator? I think I fall short of letting others know Who I belong to and allow pride to get in the way a lot. Everyday is a new journey and I pray that I can show others great love and encouragement since I've been given so much. "To much that has been given, much is required. " Thank you Jesus for this beautiful day I've been blessed with.

"Today is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it."

No comments:

Post a Comment