Our Family

Our Family

Contact

For Contact information about the administration of this blog please email jmkbuett@gmail.com
Copyright Jordan Street and Jenna Buettemeyer 2014. Powered by Blogger.

Monday, June 11, 2012

"6 Weeks Post-Op"

Today marks 6 weeks since I had my surgery. I have had 2 rounds of chemo during this time of waiting on my body to heal. With that being said, I have missed my first youth mission trip in 11 years. Our group left last night for LA. I must admit I was sad not being a part of this trip. I didn't do a very good job of hiding my emotions with Jordan, Hutch and Maegan. I would wake up during the night and even today thinking about what they are doing at that very moment. I received a text from Hutch at 7:50am (5:50am their time) that he was on the way to the pharmacy to get some drugs for one of the interns that was sick throwing up. Taking care of the students is what I usually am in charge of. Jordan said they didn't get into bed until 4:00am our time (2:00am there). It's already been confirmed to me, that it was wise that Tony didn't let me go on this trip. I am so thankful to have a husband that protects me and knows what is best for me, even though I can be very stubborn and do not want to be submissive at times. I've said it several times, but I am so blessed to have such an amazing husband that loves me so much. He knew I was sad about not going, so he took today off to be with me even though his plate is full at work. May I never take for granted such a blessing in my life. I was also given a gift at the airport last night with a sweet note from the youth staff and I get to go treat myself to a massage while they are all gone working.

It's turned out to be a good day. Tony started working on our laundry room doing some renovation. He's my "Tim the tool man" guy and I am very proud of him. I've heard from several on the LA trip and I know they are worn out and exhausted. The intern that was sick, Garrett, ended up going to the hospital. I am praying that God gives each of them the strength to keep going and let their lights shine for Him. Satan always tries to throw distractions on these trips so my prayer is that God will be glorified and people in the California area will see something different in our youth group. I Corinthians 16:13-14 "Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong. Let all that you do be done in love." These were the verses I read this morning and I'm praying them over the LA team.

"Today is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it."

No comments:

Post a Comment