Our Family

Our Family

Contact

For Contact information about the administration of this blog please email jmkbuett@gmail.com
Copyright Jordan Street and Jenna Buettemeyer 2014. Powered by Blogger.

Monday, September 17, 2012

"But God Meant It For Good . . . "

Praise God from Whom all blessings flow. I was able to have chemo today after finding out my blood work looked really good. Thank you for all those that prayed for me today. God heard and truly blessed me. My very bestest friend, Tony, went with me. I told him he didn't have to but he said what was his salt worth if he couldn't take off to be with his wife during chemo and what kind of company did he work for if they gave him any grief. We are blessed!!!!

I had a first today. I usually only see adults, but today I met a kid going through chemo. He goes to Little Rock for his treatments but goes to Highlands for his blood work. His name is Lathan and he is 11 years old. He was diagnosed with Leukemia at the age of 8. He is in remission and on a monthly maintenance program. He is in the 6th grade and seemed to have a great attitude about his life as well as his mom. I told him I would put him on my blog and to remember to pray for him. I would ask that others would pray for this young man. Super cute, and well mannered. They go to church in Rogers.

Lathan and Me

Tony and I were the last ones to leave Highlands today, well the last patient I should say. Everything went really well. I will go back in a week for more blood work, then I am scheduled for a CT scan on October 5th. October 9th is when I meet with my doctor again to discuss future treatments for me. My prayer is that I am all done and can move on, but I also know God's plans may be different from mine. I wouldn't change anything about these last 8 months. God has taught and shown me so much and I am so grateful for His grace. He knows what is best for my life. We had a speaker last night at church that spoke about Joseph and when his brothers met back up with him after they sold him into slavery and then he was put in charge of Pharaoh's house and land. His brothers were afraid of him and everything he could do to them. But he had compassion on all of them and forgave them. Genesis 50:20 "As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good, to bring it about that many people should be kept alive, as they are today." I know Satan wanted to defeat me on this journey but God has shown me so much more goodness by using my storm for His glory. When we become Christians we live by faith, knowing our life will never end, our souls will live forever. What good are we to live this life of faith and when trials or struggles come our way, the first thing most people do is blame God and ask why. Hebrews 10:35-36 "Therefore do not throw away your confidence, which has a great reward. For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of God you may receive what is promised." I will continue to trust in my Savior and know He will see me through.

"Today is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it."

1 comment:

  1. Thank the Lord you got your treatment. I know how you feel...I am fighting stage IV breast cancer for 2years now. It is a wild ride! I've been following your blog since the beginning and can very much relate.

    ReplyDelete