Our Family

Our Family

Contact

For Contact information about the administration of this blog please email jmkbuett@gmail.com
Copyright Jordan Street and Jenna Buettemeyer 2014. Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, September 13, 2012

"My Agenda vs God's Agenda"

I went in today for my 8th chemo treatment. At the beginning of the week, I was planning on being a big girl and go by myself, but my friend Julie Asbill caught wind and wanted to go with me. I found out last night, Tony would not have let me go alone and was planning on taking me until I told him Julie would be there for me. I had to have lab work drawn first and then the nurse informed me that my white blood cell counts were still too low and I would need Neupogen shots again for the next 3 days. We will try again on Monday for chemo. Julie and I met a very sweet couple while waiting on my shot. I can't remember the husband's name but the wife's name was Martina. We found out this was her 3rd time to be diagnosed with breast cancer. She was recently diagnosed in May and today was her 14th treatment and will have to have 18 total.

Julie, Martina and Me

A friend from church, Karilea Magee, had her first radiation treatment today. The plan was for her to go upstairs and sit with me after her treatment but instead we were waiting for her since I didn't have mine. We all decided to go to lunch together. I'm not sure how people make it in life without support and love from others. So thankful for the people God continues to put in my life.

Julie, Karilea and Me

My dad had his pacemaker/defibrillator replaced today. My aunt's visitation service is tonight and her funeral is tomorrow. I wish I could be there for my family but I have a perfect peace of knowing God is with both families and is with me as well. Jenna sent me a text today after reading my blog post from last night and thought this song fit what I wrote yesterday. I think it is very fitting for today and thankful that my God holds my world in His hands.

Highlight and right click link below to open in a new tab:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJfGCKD9g_4

"Today is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it."

2 comments:

  1. It was nice reading your blog and I am really happy that your cancer got cured though it took lot of time and pain in getting rid of the cancer!!
    _________________
    Breast lift | Breast augmentation | Breast enlargement

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is soooo interesting, I am enjoy reading!
    elegant wedding dresses

    ReplyDelete