Our Family

Our Family

Contact

For Contact information about the administration of this blog please email jmkbuett@gmail.com
Copyright Jordan Street and Jenna Buettemeyer 2014. Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, September 16, 2012

"Prayers Still Needed"

I've struggled about blogging again before my next round of chemo since I have been postponed twice in a week before having round #8. God continues to put people all around me that I feel are in more need of prayer than myself. Then I wonder if it is pride getting in my way or Satan causing the doubt of asking for prayer again. When this journey began I was told there would be 3 rounds of chemo, surgery, then 3 more rounds of chemo and I should be good to go. This will be 2 additional rounds more than what I was originally told. This is a big week for our youth staff and the timing of chemo isn't what my mind needs to keep focused on all the tasks we have to accomplish. Our church will be hosting Disciple Now Weekend (DNOW)in less than 2 weeks. This is the biggest event we host each year with over 300 students and over 100 adults taking part in seeing what big things God has in store for each of our lives. I will be going in at 11:45am tomorrow for lab work to see if my white blood cell counts are high enough after having 3 shots of Neupogen. If all is well, I will begin my chemo at 12:00 noon. I am asking that this will be my last full round before I go into a maintenance program and that my body and mind can continue to do well and get everything accomplished that is needed for this week. I know God will help me because He shows me everyday that He doesn't need me to accomplish His plan, He just uses me along the way if I allow Him. Matthew 7:7-8 "Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened." I am asking for prayers and trusting God will give me grace to make it through this week. I am thankful to serve a God that knows my needs even before I ask.

"Today is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it."

4 comments:

  1. Janet - I came to your blog via Kelly's Korner and have been following your story. I will definitely pray for you. Your faith is absolutely inspiring. May God continue to bless you abundantly and may this be your FINAL chemo!!
    Susan in Indiana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too came to your blog via Kelly's Korner and you're in my prayers. Lately, I've been trying to give myself pep talks to face another day at my office where I'm very unhappy, but I read your post today and it made me quiet down. God bless you.
    fakenmake.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog from Kelly's. Prayers for your next chemo in KY.

    ReplyDelete