Our Family

Our Family

Contact

For Contact information about the administration of this blog please email jmkbuett@gmail.com
Copyright Jordan Street and Jenna Buettemeyer 2014. Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

"My Faith Shall Be My Sight"

My Aunt Wanda passed away today at 1:35pm. She has had a long journey of bad health for the past several years and she is now with Jesus. We sang a song Sunday at church; "It Is Well With My Soul" and the words at the end say, "And Lord, haste the day when my faith shall be sight." I thought about those words on Sunday and how we live this life in faith and knowing if we have asked Jesus into our hearts, someday our faith in Him will become our sight. She will be greatly missed by all her family. I am thankful for the hope of knowing that when our loved ones die that this is not the end of our lives together if we know the Lord. We have eternity together! I pray my mom, the other siblings and Aunt Wanda's kids and grandchildren will know that they will see her again if they have trusted Jesus as their Savior. She would want nothing more than to see everyone celebrating her death because she isn't in pain anymore and she is with the loved ones that have gone before her, but most importantly she is with Jesus. She will be missed!

Aunt Wanda


When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,
When sorrows like sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.
Refrain:
It is well, with my soul,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.
Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come,
Let this blest assurance control,
That Christ has regarded my helpless estate,
And hath shed His own blood for my soul.
My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought!
My sin, not in part but the whole,
Is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more,
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!
For me, be it Christ, be it Christ hence to live:
If Jordan above me shall roll,
No pang shall be mine, for in death as in life
Thou wilt whisper Thy peace to my soul.
But, Lord, ’tis for Thee, for Thy coming we wait,
The sky, not the grave, is our goal;
Oh, trump of the angel! Oh, voice of the Lord!
Blessed hope, blessed rest of my soul!
And Lord, haste the day when my faith shall be sight,
The clouds be rolled back as a scroll;
The trump shall resound, and the Lord shall descend,
Even so, it is well with my soul.


"Today is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it."

2 comments:

  1. Oh, this is so interesting. I am flying out Thursday morning to see my Aunt Wanda that was diagnosed with Bile Duct cancer two months ago. She is the only link I have left in my Mom's family and she is so dear to me. I will remember these words when I leave her for the last time on this earth Sunday morning.

    I hope you are feeling well this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have not really lost her, for you know exactly where she is...a very comforting thought. I hope that you will know for sure where the rest of your family stands in their faith. It is no fun wondering where they are when we lose them, trust me on that one :(

    ReplyDelete