Our Family

Our Family

Contact

For Contact information about the administration of this blog please email jmkbuett@gmail.com
Copyright Jordan Street and Jenna Buettemeyer 2014. Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, September 30, 2012

"God Blessed . . . "

DNOW group picture

 The picture above is a small glimpse of how many participated in our Disciple Now Weekend.  We had around 550 total taking part in this exciting event at our church.  How blessed I am to be a part of an amazing church that believes and supports teenagers.  Our DNOW weekend came to an end today after the morning service.  We were blessed all weekend with Chad Poe, our speaker from Tennessee and Brett Younker's Band, from Passion City Church in Atlanta Georgia.  Lives were touched, changed and renewed over this amazing weekend.  My health and strength held up for the whole weekend and I know without a doubt it was God's amazing grace that was carrying me.  It's hard to put into words all that God does through His people for an event like this to take place.  So many give up so much for a weekend like this, in order for it to be successful.  None of it would matter if God's favor was not upon us.  Satan is trying hard to attack churches and destroy God's people and the purpose of the church, but I know God is sovereign and will bring glory to His name if we persevere and keep our eyes on Him daily.  Chad spoke this morning about "shining like stars" for Christ and to stop our grumbling and complaining.  If we as a church keep all we learn inside the church and don't take it out into the world, what good is the church?  We are to take what we hear and learn and pour it out for others to see Christ in us.  May I never be ashamed to share Him with others and I pray others will see Jesus in me no matter where I am.  Philippians 2:14-18 "Do all things without grumbling or questioning, that you may be blameless and innocent, children of God without blemish in the midst of a crooked and twisted generation, among whom you shine as light in the world, holding fast to the word of life, so that in the day of Christ I may be proud that I did not run in vain or labor in vain.  Even if I am to be poured out as a drink offering upon the sacrificial offering of your faith, I am glad and rejoice with you all.  Likewise you also should be glad and rejoice with me."
Shout out to Dave Roberts our amazing media guy!!!
Brett Younker's Worship Band
Chad Poe (He would probably hate this picture)

 Now that DNOW is over, we will begin to refocus on wedding plans. Only 34 days left until the big day and we are excited for the days ahead of us in the planning process.
"Today is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it."

1 comment: