Our Family

Our Family

Contact

For Contact information about the administration of this blog please email jmkbuett@gmail.com
Copyright Jordan Street and Jenna Buettemeyer 2014. Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, September 1, 2012

"Labor Day Weekend = Painting"

I will begin this post by saying, God is good and I am so thankful for how great I am feeling. We (Jordan and I) have been up late working on wedding stuff and everything seems to be coming along really well.

A few months ago I received a quote to have someone repaint our living room and kitchen area. Jordan and I have done a lot of painting in our house ourselves and every room has been painted at least twice if not more.I told Tony that I would never paint these two areas again and would have someone do it for me. I'm not sure why I use the word "never" in my vocabulary because it always comes back to get me. I was given the quote to paint our two rooms, and in my mind we could use that money toward the wedding. We were supposed to have a painting party on Friday with me, Tony, Jordan and David. Somehow Jordan and David skipped out on us and Tony and I took on the venture ourselves. Jordan and David had to go out of town to work on a few wedding things, so they really did have a good excuse. I'm sure Tony would have liked to have found a good excuse to leave, but being the trooper that he is, he helped me instead. We were up until midnight last night painting and finished putting everything back together today around 5:00pm. I can't say I enjoy painting but I'm always happy with the results and to accomplish such a big task.

Thankful for all the rain we had yesterday too. Psalms 65:9a "You visit the earth and water it; you greatly enrich it"

"Today is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it."




1 comment:

  1. Good point, we should never say never but I still do it and as you said, it always comes back to haunt me. One would think I would learn.

    I know your room looks great and feels good too. Happy for you and so glad you are feeling so well.

    ReplyDelete