Our Family

Our Family

Contact

For Contact information about the administration of this blog please email jmkbuett@gmail.com
Copyright Jordan Street and Jenna Buettemeyer 2014. Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

"Life"

Baby "Buettemeyer" at 12 weeks!

Today I was blessed to go with Jenna to her doctor's appointment since Bryan was home sick. I was excited to hear our grand-baby's heart beat before, but when she called to see the doctor, we found out an ultrasound is also done at the 12 week appointment. What joy not only to hear the hearbeat but also to see little baby "Buettemeyer" swimming around in Jenna's tummy. Life is so fragile and I think often of young girls and women that have the right to choose to end a precious life. I wish everyone that went in for an abortion would have to see an ultrasound and hear the baby's heartbeat before making a final decision. I know there are a lot of ladies out there that would go back and make a different choice if they could and I am thankful for a God that shows mercy, grace, forgiveness and healing to those that have been down that path. Psalms 139:13-16 "For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb, I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them." What a miracle we all are, and to think, we were made by the Creator of the beginning of everything.

Life is so fragile and I know God has all of our days numbered. Psalms 90:12 "So teach us to number our days that we may get a heart of wisdom." I have an aunt that is fighting for her life right now and her days are numbered. If you think about it, all our days are numbered and we never know what will take us out of this world. There are those that die before birth, as a baby, young child, teenager, young adult, middle age and old age. I pray my life will make a difference for others and my Savior while He gives me life here on this earth. Ecclesiastes 3:1-2 "For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under the heaven: a time to be born, and a time to die;"

I am thankful for life and for the blessings of our family. What a beautiful reminder today of God's goodness to see His miracle growing inside of Jenna. Thank you Jenna for allowing me to share this day with you.

"Today is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it."

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I got to share that moment with my daughter too and it's brought tears to my eyes. Life is such a miracle! Sweet, sweet post!

    ReplyDelete