Our Family

Our Family

Contact

For Contact information about the administration of this blog please email jmkbuett@gmail.com
Copyright Jordan Street and Jenna Buettemeyer 2014. Powered by Blogger.

Friday, September 7, 2012

"Keeping My Eyes On Jesus"

I was originally scheduled for chemo today but with Jordan and David's wedding shower tomorrow, I didn't want to feel "weird" so I had it changed to Monday. I had to go in today for blood work and see my oncologist. She informed me that I would not be having chemo on Monday due to the fact that my blood counts are not where they need to be, so she rescheduled me for Thursday. She feels like this should be my last round of full chemo (#8) before I go into a maintenance program. The plan is to keep me on chemo for another year at once a month, taking away one of my chemo drugs. The concern from what I understand, is that the Stage 3 Ovarian Cancer I was diagnosed with can manifest itself into another form of cancer and the maintenance program will help delay the timing of that taking place. It would be so easy to get discouraged and wonder why or how she could say those words to me (about cancer being in my future) but I also realize that through all of this journey, God has shown me so much faithfulness and has a greater plan for me than what my eyes can see. Every step I have taken in the past 7 months, He has placed someone in my path that needed encouragement, or was there to encourage me. As I was leaving Highlands Oncology today a friend from church was standing at the entrance with tears in her eyes and seemed very afraid and shaken. Her husband has a brain tumor and she had brought him to Highlands with severe pain because he didn't want to go to the ER. I was able to move her car and go pray and sit with them until he could get some relief from the pain. I found out later today he was taken to the hospital and is probably in surgery as I am writing on this blog. I feel God allowed our paths to cross today for a reason and I feel as long as I keep my eyes on Jesus, He will continue to use me in what others might call circumstance or coincidence to pray and be there for others. I have to remind myself daily that this journey is not about me, but allowing God to use me to draw others to Him and to glorify His name.

David's family is in town for the shower tomorrow and is coming over tonight to help with wedding invitations along with a few bridesmaids. We are so grateful for this season in our lives and how God brought this couple together. They had engagements pictures done on Monday by my son Bryan and he did an amazing job capturing both of them and their love for each other.





Psalms 9:1-2 "I will give thanks to the Lord with my whole heart; I will recount all of your wonderful deeds. I will be glad and exult in you; I will sing praise to your name O Most High."

"Today is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it."

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Janet, I know several awesome women going through cancer treatments right now and they are all such a testimony to God's faithfulness just as you. It is amazing how God can use us in our darkest hour to be an encouragement and a witness for Him. May He restore your health and give you peace as you continue on this tough journey.

    The pictures are wonderful and your daughter looks so much like you. Lovely gal! They make such a cute couple!

    Blessings abundant!

    ReplyDelete