Our Family

Our Family

Contact

For Contact information about the administration of this blog please email jmkbuett@gmail.com
Copyright Jordan Street and Jenna Buettemeyer 2014. Powered by Blogger.

Friday, December 21, 2012

"Another Chapter Begins"

I went to Highlands  Oncology this  morning and met with the doctor.  After explaining my symptoms and knowing what my cancer markers are, the decision was made to start me back on chemo.  I will be on a completely different chemo drug than before and it will take 1/3 of the time to administer than what I previously took.  I didn't want to know side effects but they had to tell me that there's a good chance my feet and hands will get dry and peel, so I need to start using Utter cream right away.   I also had to have an ultrasound of my heart to get a baseline marking in case of any future issues with this new chemo drug.  They plan on having me on chemo every 4 weeks, for 6 months.  My hair has really been growing back quickly and I was prepared to have to shave it again,  however, I was told that with this chemo drug, I shouldn't lose my hair.  They also drew blood work today and rechecked my cancer markers and I will be having another CT scan next Wednesday.

It was absolutely amazing having an ultrasound on my heart.  Laying there and watching your heart pump and knowing how fearfully and wonderfully we are made by God.  I don't understand how someone cannot believe in our Creator and think everything just "happened".  He has a purpose and plan for everything.
Several have asked me how I feel about starting chemo again.  I feel blessed to be in a place where I can have chemo treatments and do not have to travel.  I am also thankful for the wisdom and knowledge God has given man to treat patients with cancer.  He never promised us this life would be easy but He did promise to never leave us or forsake us.  If I can't praise Him in the storms of life, what good would my praise be for only the good?   Psalms 150:6 "Let everything that has breath praise the Lord! Praise the Lord!"
I have breath today and I will chose to praise Him!

"Today is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it."

6 comments:

  1. Janet, you have so much support and love surrounding you. Your love of our Lord will help see you through this next chapter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel blessed to have found your blog!! I know you probably have your hard days and your desolate days, and He never promised that we wouldn't have days like that, but I love your reminders that He is always, always, eternally right here with us!!

    I NEED that reminder!

    I'll be praying for you as you embark on the next chapter in your journey.

    PS: thank you SO much for your email. I saved it and do treasure it! The Body of Christ is an amazing and wonderful thing, to be able to give and receive encouragement and strength and courage from each other!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying that your treatments go well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just stopped by your blog this evening. . .what an amazing testimony and spirit you have. I will say a prayer for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for you...I love you bunches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a constant inspiration you are to me! I pray that these new chemo treatments will do what they are designed to do and you will have restored health. May the Lord wrap His arms around you and give you peace on this next phase of your journey. Christmas blessings!

    ReplyDelete