Our Family

Our Family

Contact

For Contact information about the administration of this blog please email jmkbuett@gmail.com
Copyright Jordan Street and Jenna Buettemeyer 2014. Powered by Blogger.

Friday, December 14, 2012

"Road Trip, Results & Rest"


Our day (me, Jordan and David) began at 6:00am leaving Northwest Arkansas headed to West Texas.  The trip normally takes 8-9 hours, ended up taking 12 hours.  We stopped about 3 hours into the trip to get gas and have a driver change.  Shortly after the pit stop we were back on the road but noticed some problems with my car.  I thought David was messing around but quickly noticed lights appearing on the dashboard that didn't normally light up and then quickly noticed that the temperature gauge was in the over-heat stage.  We immediatley pulled over and turned the car off.  The car was in no condition to continue driving.  We called AAA service and had a tow truck dispatched to us, thanks to David having a membership with this service.  As we were sitting on the side of the road, watching for the tow truck, we kept noticing cars coming around the curve that looked like they were going to hit us.  It didn't take long for the 3 of us to get out of the car and stand in the grass for our safety.  Needless to say, it was cold and we were blessed to have blankets in the car.  The blankets didn't keep us warm long and the decision was made to push the car off the road into the grass and then get back in the car to wait.  The tow truck arrived 1 1/2 hours later and we were all on our way to the Texas/Oklahoma border to the Honda dealership. 
Standing outside the car in the grass freezing
You can see how close we were to the highway
David & Jordan took the waiting time to write post-wedding thank you notes


Playing with Panoramic photo on new iPhone


Tow Truck Arrived!!!
State Trooper making sure we were okay
Thankful to be in the tow truck headed to Texas!

 
My brother David lives in Denison, Texas and met us at the dealership.  He was kind enough to let us borrow his car for the weekend while I left mine to be worked on.  I have not heard what is wrong with my car and praying it is nothing major and that it can be fixed tomorrow. 

Me and my brother, David

We were held up in traffic between Denton and Fort Worth for about an hour.  We are not sure what all the delays were about today, but trusted that God was Soveriegn in everything and was directing our path.  We were pleased to find out that the two tow truck drivers (the first one that picked us up was not licensed to drive into Texas so he had to pass our car off to another driver and truck about 30 minutes outside of Texas) both had personal relationships with the Lord. 

I called my doctor's office to get the results from my CA 125 (cancer markers).  I was believing and trusting that they were at least the same or better than last month's number of 65.1.  For some reason that wasn't the case.  My numbers are back up to 138.3.  The doctor was already gone for the day, so I will find out Monday what his plans will be for me.  His assistant thinks he will recheck me again in the next week or so and make a decision from there.  I began this journey in February and was praying that my birthday/Christmas present would be all clear of everything.  God has other plans and I completely trust in Him to continue to show me His faithfulness and strength for whatever lies ahead.  I've told several people I would have never asked for this journey, but I also wouldn't change anything about it either.  God has carried me every step of the way and I have no doubt He will continue. 

We are safely in West Texas with my parents and are so grateful for safe travels.  We will rest tomorrow and be back on the road Sunday heading to Arkansas.  Lamentations 3:22-24 "The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.  The Lord is my portion, says my soul, therefore I will hope in him."

"Today is the day the Lord has made let us rejoice and be glad in it."



1 comment:

  1. Just said a prayer for you, that the Great Physician will heal you completely!

    ReplyDelete