Our Family

Our Family

Contact

For Contact information about the administration of this blog please email jmkbuett@gmail.com
Copyright Jordan Street and Jenna Buettemeyer 2014. Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, December 27, 2012

"Red Kool Aid"

Tony and I began our day with a trip to Krispy Creme then to Highlands for chemo. They started me on my pre-meds around 8:00am and I was told that the pre-medication they gave me should last 3 days and that I shouldn't have to take any nausea meds. When I first started going to Highlands for chemo back in May, I noticed bags of red liquid hanging on the IV poles and thought to myself, that person must really be sick to have that medication. Well guess what color my new chemo is, red. I never like to know the side effects to any drug I am taking. The nurse did tell me that they would have to give me dry ice packs for my feet and hands while taking the chemo. The side effects from this new chemo is blistering on your hands and feet and the dry ice should help out. This kind of news took me and Tony off guard and I was so thankful he was there with me. (I had considered going alone-even though I don't think Tony would ever let that happen) Tony immediately put his hands on my head and put his head next to mine and prayed over me. How grateful I am to have a husband that loves me so much and isn't ashamed to call upon the Lord right in the midst of others watching. Of course he made me cry and he had tears as well. Where would we be without a God that hears and answers our prayers. There were no side effects or complications and the dry ice wasn't bad at all. To God be the glory!!!

The red Kool-aid chemo bag!

Hands and feet on dry ice!!
 I did find out my CA 125 (cancer markers) have gone up more.  I am now at 179.6 from the previous 138.3 and so thankful to have been able to start back up on chemo so soon.  My prayer is that those numbers begin decreasing immediately and to see great results from this first round of chemo.  They are only numbers and I know Who is in control of everything. 

I would like to ask for those that read my blog to please say a special prayer for Tony.  He has a full plate with me and now he is at the ER with his mom.  We have no idea what is going on with her.  On top of dealing with the two of us, his work load has him stretched to the max.  I don't think the spouse gets enough credit or prayers they deserve and I would love to see his plate not so full.  He won't like that I posted anything about him either, so I will have to hurry up and post before he can read this.

 Thank you for continued prayers and support for my family.  We have an awesome God!!!
Psalms 18:30 "This God-his way is perfect; the word of the Lord proves true; he is a shield for all those who take refuge in him."

"Today is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it."

1 comment:

  1. Oh, so thrilled that you were able to get right on this chemo and I pray that it does the trick and those numbers begin coming down immediately.

    I'm so sorry for the extra stress on Tony and will certainly be praying for him as well. Life is just so tough at times and we never will understand the whys but thank the Lord, He is always there and always able to see us through.

    Blessings abundant to you!

    ReplyDelete