Our Family

Our Family

Contact

For Contact information about the administration of this blog please email jmkbuett@gmail.com
Copyright Jordan Street and Jenna Buettemeyer 2014. Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

"Security Blanket"

Today was the first day since I shaved my head that I did not wear a hat out in public.  Talking about a weird feeling, almost felt naked without something on my head.  I felt like I lost my "security blanket".  My hair came back at first with a lot of white/gray hairs, then the black started following.  We had our weekly staff meeting this morning and the ladies assured me I could pull off the "no hat" needed look. 

I told the ladies about a new place Tony and I ate at on Saturday, called Lucy's Diner.  The location is in Rogers and they are open 24 hours and serve great hamburgers and homemade fries.  Several of the staff ladies, Jordan and I ventured over for lunch today. 

Sandra, Jordan, Me, Susan and Carol-Love these sweet ladies!!!



We had our annual staff Christmas party tonight.  Tammy, Carole and Jane did an amazing job with the food, games and entertainment.  Randy even joined in with some fun doing a rap song written by Laurie.  They had stage names but I can't remember what they were.  I am so blessed to work at a church with an amazing pastoral and support staff. 

Randy, Jane, Carole and Tammy



Thankful for this day and the many blessings God continues to pour out over me.  I am so grateful for my best friend, Tony, that gives of himself daily to so many but always has enough love to share with  me everyday.

If we were doing Christmas cards, this would be our picture!


"Today is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it."

2 comments:

  1. In 2009 my Mom was diagnosed with leukemia and as soon as she started chemo her hair began falling out. She decided immediately to have her hair shaved off and I thought that she looked beautiful. Being at MD Anderson Cancer Center I began noticing that the most beautiful woman I saw were the ones who didn't have any hair. I think you look absolutely beautiful also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such an inspiration! Love the Christmas card picture, so, so cute and shows your spirit for sure. Christmas blessings! Oh, will have to try out the cafe on my next trip to Rogers. Christmas blessings!

    ReplyDelete