Our Family

Our Family

Contact

For Contact information about the administration of this blog please email jmkbuett@gmail.com
Copyright Jordan Street and Jenna Buettemeyer 2014. Powered by Blogger.

Monday, December 31, 2012

"Good-Bye 2012"

This is the last post for 2012.  Today was a very difficult and emotional day.  Since Thursday, Tony has been taking care of his mom 24/7 and was at her every call of "Tony" every 2 to 2 1/2 hours, day and night.  After the fact of feeding her oranges, she told him they gave her diarrhea.  Too much truth to that statement, especially at Tony's expense.  Someone came out this morning to interview her to see if she would be a threat in the nursing home, since she suffers from bi-polar.  They had to take paper work to her doctor, then send off the info to Little Rock for the final approval.  The minutes and hours clicked by and I have to admit, I lost faith that anything would happen today with getting her moved.  My attitude worsened as the day went on.  It was after 3:00pm before we got word that Tony could move his mom into the nursing home.  I was very disappointed in my attitude today and the extra stress I put on Tony.  I realized apart from God's grace, that could be me having mental issues or be in poor health and be bed ridden.  The bitterness and resentment was taking over my thoughts and I realized that each day we are given sounds minds and health it is an extra undeserved blessing in our lives.  We were able to get her moved in and settled by 6:45pm this evening.  Sad to say, this will be the last move for "Grandma" until she leaves this earth. 

I received a phone call from my mom around 4:45pm letting me know my dad was in the ER.  He had broken his right wrist and she was at the hospital with him.  He was tinkering with his motorcycle and couldn't get up off the floor and somehow put too much pressure on his wrist and broke it.  He proceeded to drive his standard truck home and had her to take him to the ER.  I have no idea how he was able to change gears while driving.

My heart is heavy tonight thinking about leaving Tony for the week going to Atlanta.  I know Satan has tried every way to steal my joy today and the end to my 2012.  He has almost succeeded but I refuse to give him any room in my life and "the joy of the Lord is my strength".   I am thankful for the grace God has given me and my family this year and I know without Him, I would have no hope in anything.  I am trusting that this week will be refreshing to me spiritually and trusting that God will continue to watch over our family in this upcoming year.  Happy New Year!!!

"Today is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it."

3 comments:

  1. Oh, as sad as it is to have to move a loved one into a nursing home, it certainly seems it is definitely where Tony's Mom needs to be. I pray that she will adjust well and that you all can be confident of her care.

    So sorry about your Dad and hope he will heal quickly.

    You have definitely had a "boatload" this past week but I hope you can lay it all aside for a wonderful time in Atlanta and come back feeling renewed and refreshed.

    May 2013 find you restored to good health.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been reading your blog occasionally for awhile now (originally found through Kelly's Korner). You are an inspiration. Your faith helps me with my faith. May 2013 be wonderful for you & your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for being so genuine and real here! I appreciate reading your posts. We all have days like that and attitudes that we aren't proud of at the end of the day. Confessing this in a public forum such as your blog is a wonderful way to "confess your sins among each other". :)

    ReplyDelete