Our Family

Our Family

Contact

For Contact information about the administration of this blog please email jmkbuett@gmail.com
Copyright Jordan Street and Jenna Buettemeyer 2014. Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

"Happy Birthday Jesus"

I celebrate the birth of Jesus today and so thankful for all He has done for me in my life.  I never want to take away from His birth.  It is because of Him, that I have life today.   I feel especially blessed to be born on His birthday.  

Today was a long awaited day that I have looked forward to for several years.  I finally turned 50 years old and I am so proud of it!!  I actually thought I was turning 50 several years ago when my friend Deborah Mae helped me realize it wasn't us turning 50 but it was my husband Tony turning 50.  I know people think I'm crazy for loving the fact of getting older.  The way I see it, I've been allowed to live an extra 19 years to enjoy life with my children and family.  My first husband died 19 years ago on December 15th and there is no explanation why I didn't die or receive the disease he died from, AIDS.  I am so blessed to see my children grow up and become young married adults and love the fact that I married into a family that automatically gave me two extra children and from that, I have received blessings of 7 grandchildren total.  God has been with me every step of the way and has never failed me.

We woke up this morning to a little 2 year old crawling in bed with us at 6:30am.  Who says "Empty Nesters" means no more children in your home?  We cherish every minute of our time with Hudson.  He is the only grandchild that lives in town with us and wish the other 6 were here too.  He rubbed on my head and my face this morning and seemed extra sweet.  He and GPa made another "hot" in the fireplace and we were able to watch the Disney Christmas Parade.

Hudson loved the Disney Christmas Parade!

I always save my cards until Christmas morning to open and was so blessed to have received so many.





Jordan had put together a video of some of my family and friends wishing me a Happy 50th birthday.  She did an incredible job of putting music to the video and I cried the whole way through it.

My cell phone started going crazy around 9:00am with text messages from strange phone numbers.  I soon realized my brother David had done something.  He had sent everyone on his phone list a message to text me "Happy 50th Birthday" then to share the message with 5 of their friends to send me a text.  I ended up with over 100 text birthday messages from a lot of people I do not even know.

I checked Facebook and saw that I have over 70 birthday wishes so far today.  You know how I know that Jesus loves me?  He tells me so through all the people that have chosen to bless my day from a phone call, card, text, Facebook or video.  I've never seen such love and I know that it's His reminders to me through so many friends, family and people I have never met.  His mercies are new every morning, great is His faithfulness.  I am so thankful for His goodness and favor over my life.  It's only because of Him that there is good in my life.

Jenna was sent home late in the morning from the hospital and we took Hudson home around noon.  We always have steaks on my birthday but today we did not since our schedules were thrown off.  We shared left over pizza with Bryan and Jenna, then came home and took a nice long nap in front of our fireplace.  We woke up and decided to take part in one of our Christmas traditions and went to the movies.  We saw Les Miserables and LOVED it!




After the movies we went to eat and hang out with our friends, The Frank's and Knipple's.  It is always fun sharing stories and laughing together.  So thankful God has put great friends into our lives.

Tony, Richard,Me, Lisa, Kathryn, Cindy & Tom

Late this evening, I was able to talk to our family from Houston over the phone and Facetime with our family that is in Tennessee.  I could not have asked for a more blessed day and so thankful that God poured down so much love over me today.  I love and appreciate all my family, friends and those that don't even know me, but reach out and pray for me and send me messages.

Psalms 13:6 "I will sing to the Lord, because He has dealt bountifully with me."

"Today is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it."




2 comments:

  1. I am a pastor's wife in SC who reads your blogs. You have been an inspiration to me by blessing the Lord in the good and bad times. I know the Lord will continue to bless you in the days ahead and please know a fellow sister in SC is praying for you. Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know they say that 50 is the "new 40" and 60 is the "new 50." I like that! Wishing you a health filled 2013! Thanks for always being such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete