Our Family

Our Family

Contact

For Contact information about the administration of this blog please email jmkbuett@gmail.com
Copyright Jordan Street and Jenna Buettemeyer 2014. Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, December 20, 2012

"The Best Birthday Gift Ever! "

Our youth hosted an event last night for single moms to help provide fun for their Christmas.  We have 2 separate organizations we invite and our youth did a great job of playing with the little kids and telling the Christmas story.  We gave all the little kids a gift and the moms get a gift along with a gift card to Wal-Mart.  The youth take up a collection to help with this event.  We were able to provide gifts for 29 children and 24 single moms. 

Youth telling the Christmas Story

Santa, aka Hutch, even showed up to surprise everyone.  Luckily he didn't scare off his own children. 
Korbyn, Hutch's oldest daughter told a few of the other little kids that he wasn't the real Santa.  I'm not sure how I never figured things out when I was a little kid, about "Santa". 

Maegan, Me, Jordan, Santa (Hutch) Heather, Korbyn & Kampbell

I heard from the doctor's office this morning and they have decided to send me back to Highlands, the place I go for chemo treatments.  I had waited all week for the phone call and this morning I realized maybe I should pray about them calling me.  Within 10-15 minutes my phone rang it is was the doctor's office.  I'm not sure why it takes me so long to figure out that God hears our prayers and is concerned with every detail of our lives.  I was also told I would probably hear from Highlands either later in the day or tomorrow, but within 30 minutes they called.  I have an  appointment tomorrow morning to discuss my future treatment plans.  I am so thankful for the peace that I have and I will continue to trust that God's plan is much better than my own. 

My kids surprised me tonight with the most incredible birthday gift I could have ever imagined.  They had all my blog post from the very beginning put into a book.  Words cannot express what this book means to me.  Thank you Bryan, Jenna, Jordan and David for making my birthday so special with this precious gift.  I will cherish it for ever!!




"Today is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it."

1 comment:

  1. I have been following your journey and love your love for the Lord! Where did they order your book from...I have been trying to figure out how to make one of my own!

    ReplyDelete