Our Family

Our Family

Contact

For Contact information about the administration of this blog please email jmkbuett@gmail.com
Copyright Jordan Street and Jenna Buettemeyer 2014. Powered by Blogger.

Monday, December 17, 2012

"Hope in the Lord"

I do not know all the details about my car or the next plan of treatment for myself.  I do know that my hope is in the Lord and will trust Him to give us wisdom for what is best in both areas.  We do know my car has a busted radiator and it should be repaired sometime tomorrow.  They do not know if further damage was done to the engine until the radiator is replaced.  So thankful for my brother David for allowing us to drive his car back to Arkansas for the week. 

I read this morning, Psalms 130:5-8 "I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in his word I hope; my soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning, more than watchmen for the morning.  O Israel (Janet), hope in the Lord! For with the Lord there is steadfast love, and with him is plentiful redemption.  And he will redeem Israel (Janet) from all his (her) iniquities."  

 I waited most of the day to hear from my doctor and when 3:00pm rolled around and I hadn't heard anything, I decided it was time to make a phone call.  The receptionist said the doctor's assistant had called the office to get my cell number and would be calling me before the day was over with.  After work, I went to work out and took my phone with me.  I never heard it ring and by 5:30pm I saw there was a voice mail from the doctor's office, but no missed call.  Dr. Ivy's assistant had left me a message and informed me that since my cancer markers had gone up and if I was having any symptoms, the doctor would want to restart treatment on me.  If I was not having any symptoms, he would retest me in a month and see how my numbers looked.  My only symptoms I am having is in my stomach.  Not painful, I just know something isn't right.  I could convince myself that everything is great because I don't feel bad at all.  I will explain the way I feel tomorrow when Dr. Ivy's assistant calls me back and trust that God will give the doctor wisdom on what the best thing will be for my body.  I'm not afraid of chemo because I have seen the results and how it has helped heal my body.  I am so blessed that God has led me to a doctor that seems to have great knowledge on his treatment plans for his patients.  After the last round of chemo Dr. Ivy sent tumor samples from my surgery to be tested to determine the most effective chemo therapy to take for this particular type of cancer if I had to have future chemo.  The testing showed that the original chemo that he put me on was no longer working for my body and there are other formulas that work better.  My soul will wait and hope in the Lord and trust that He will guide my doctor to do what is best for me.  I am thankful God has a purpose and a plan for all things and there is no reason to be fearful or afraid.  God has the "bigger" picture already planned out for me, so I will continue to find rest in Him.

"Today is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it."

2 comments:

  1. I am another woman living with ovarian cancer, and I just want to offer you my support from afar. You are walking this road with extraordinary grace. I wish you and your family a joyous Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have received extraordinary grace and your trust in the Lord is wonderful to read! I wish you health and above all that you can always say, "Your will be done."

    ReplyDelete