Our Family

Our Family

Contact

For Contact information about the administration of this blog please email jmkbuett@gmail.com
Copyright Jordan Street and Jenna Buettemeyer 2014. Powered by Blogger.

Monday, July 30, 2012

"A Phone Call Can Change Your Life"

It is amazing what a simple phone call can do to change your life. I know with my past, there have been a few phone calls they have changed my family's outcome on how we view things, whether it was a good phone call or bad.

Today I waited for two separate phone calls from my family. I was waiting to hear from my mom about a doctor's appointment for my dad and I was also waiting to hear from Jenna about a situation with Hudson. My dad has been in a lot of pain and went to the doctor last week and things didn't turn out the way he had hoped. He went in for a complete bone scan then was told he needed to have blood work. They weren't sure if he could get into the doctor soon enough to go over the results because his doctor had moved and he had no doctor to see. After a few phone calls, they were able to get him scheduled today to see a different doctor (that in itself was a miracle). We weren't sure what the blood work or body scan showed and waited until 5:30pm today to receive the news. Everything checked out great for him and not to minimize his pain, they think he has a kidney stone. Never knew you could be grateful for a kidney stone, but today I think we were all rejoicing that this could be causing his pain.

Hudson fell off the couch today and hit his head and not long after, he threw up. Jenna called the doctor and they wanted to see him right away. After he was examined by Dr. Byrum, I received the phone call that he is fine and there is nothing to worry about.

I am thankful that I really wasn't worried about either phone call because I knew Who was in control and sovereign over this day. God may not always answer the way we want Him to, but I do know He listens to our prayers and He is seated on His throne and already had this day planned out. My hope continues to be in Jesus Christ and all He has already done for me and my family. I am so thankful that I can rest in Him. Psalms 33:21-22 "For our heart is glad in him, because we trust in his holy name. Let your steadfast love, O Lord, be upon us, even as we hope in you."

"Today is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it."

No comments:

Post a Comment