Our Family

Our Family

Contact

For Contact information about the administration of this blog please email jmkbuett@gmail.com
Copyright Jordan Street and Jenna Buettemeyer 2014. Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Chemo...Round #2

Deuteronomy 31:6 "Be strong and courageous. do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you."
There is no doubt in my mind that He was with me before this day even began.

What should have been a 5 to 6 hour chemo day turned in to 9 hours. No doubt God was in control of this day. Jordan and I arrived at 8:30 to the chemo room. I was told my white blood cell count tested too low on Friday and they needed to do more blood work to see if the count came up before we could start the chemo today. I needed my number to be 1500 or higher and on Friday it was at 1100 something. I texted a few friends and family to pray for this situation. Blood was drawn and taken to the lab. Results came back at 2500. God answers prayers immediately sometimes and I am so thankful He did or they were going to send me home and have to wait until next week. He is so faithful to hear His saints praying. They always start you off with Benadryl and steroids before they start the chemo. Once I was done with those 2 bags of fluid, they started the chemo drip. Almost immediately my chest tightened up like someone was putting a lot of pressure on me and my face and neck felt like I was on fire. The nurse stopped the chemo and flushed everything out with saline. Several friends/family again began praying during all of this and the relief came quickly. They restarted the chemo at a slower rate and I know God heard many prayers on my behalf, and He answered them! The verse Kathy gave me last night 2 Corinthians 1:11 "You also must help us by prayer, so that many will give thanks on our behalf for the blessing granted us through the prayers of many". I've had many texts and phone calls today with people letting me know they were praying. He is faithful!!

Well the chemo room emptied out at 3:30 and Jordan and I persevered until 5:30. Just Jordan and me and the nurse, Diana. It was great having one on one attention and I asked her a lot of questions and she was great with the answers. I have complete confidence that I am receiving the best medical treatment and attention from amazing health care professionals.

Jordan and me taking on the chemo!!

Thank you Jordan for being with me today. I love that I have a daughter that loves me so much and is so committed to serving our Savior with her life. She is a true joy and blessing. We watched a movie that would normally take 2 hours, but it took us 6 hours. We had a lot of interruptions but thankful to have a fun movie to watch together. "The Diary of a Mad Black Woman"

I do have a very special prayer request for one of the ladies that I have sat next to both times during chemo treatments. Her name is Ginni and she is going thru all of this alone with no support. She has no family helping her and is not plugged into a church. My dear friend Joni Hartman has already reached out to her and if you would take some time to pray for her and pray that she would truly know who Jesus is and find complete rest in Him.

"Today is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment